PDA

View Full Version : Guide pole covers

TL7
05-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Does anyone know the best place to get guide pole covers? I've tried the dealer route before, but they are quite pricey there and apparently they don't feel they need me to advertise :D

sandm
05-23-2011, 06:00 PM
ebay has a couple of sets in blue/black that are around $35 for the 36", no logo's. my dealer charged me $55 for the set a month ago. kind of steep, but a new set sure makes the trailer look better..

you da man
05-23-2011, 06:44 PM
I turned my dealer ones inside out

davinci
05-23-2011, 08:01 PM
$45 for mine

KSmith
05-23-2011, 08:29 PM
I sprang for the full meal deal Moomba covers after Atlanta Marine forgot to give me a set of theirs the 3rd time we'd discussed them... kind of pricy but I like the Moomba covers better anyway ;-)

wolfeman131
05-23-2011, 10:26 PM
I sprang for the full meal deal Moomba covers after Atlanta Marine forgot to give me a set of theirs the 3rd time we'd discussed them

who did you talk to? Heidi has a box full of the Moomba covers in a box in the corner that she almost gives away if you ask nice. :p

kaneboats
05-24-2011, 10:55 AM
I would love to get a pair of those. I have ones from the dealer that slip down all the time and look like crap. I've thought about going the ebay route.

KSmith
05-24-2011, 12:17 PM
who did you talk to? Heidi has a box full of the Moomba covers in a box in the corner that she almost gives away if you ask nice. :p

I did talk with Heidi each time, she brought it up once herself that they had forgotten to get a set on the trailer, but in the end the covers were always forgotten and I wasn't going to push it, so I sprang for the Moomba covers.

Their loss LOL :-)

rdlangston13
05-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Mine are faded, have holes in them and just Plain need to be replaced. I used boat bling hot sauce on my trailer Sunday and that really got it looking good

11 Outback V
05-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Try these people. They have several colors

http://www.boating-accessories-supply.com/boat_trailer_guide_pads/boat_trailer_guide_pads.html

harmsway
05-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Not to change the subject, but does anyone have problems with the factory Moomba pole covers leaving major "painting looking" marks on the rub rails.

My wife pulls the boat on the trailer and some times will hit the pole guides and it leaves light blue marks down the rub rails. They are a major pain to remove with some fine sand paper.

Anyone else have this problem?

KSmith
05-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Not to change the subject, but does anyone have problems with the factory Moomba pole covers leaving major "painting looking" marks on the rub rails.

My wife pulls the boat on the trailer and some times will hit the pole guides and it leaves light blue marks down the rub rails. They are a major pain to remove with some fine sand paper.

Are they the padded covers or just the hard plastic sleeves?

you da man
05-25-2011, 09:30 AM

Acetone will get the marks off or a little water and an SOS pad.

E4NASH
05-25-2011, 11:19 AM

I have the same problem. It's from the white lettering on the covers I assume.

Acetone will get the marks off or a little water and an SOS pad.

Yep, this works for me...

Canuckle Head
05-25-2011, 11:39 AM

Dude! You just solved a huge mystery for me. I was thinking it was because my wife was hitting the dock but in fact I think it may be from hitting the guide poles!

Will try the acetone and SOS pad route to get rid of them.

Time for some new covers without the logos!

harmsway
05-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Are they the padded covers or just the hard plastic sleeves?

They are the padded cover that say Moomba in white writing.

KSmith
05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
They are the padded cover that say Moomba in white writing.

Yikes! Ok, cool good to know, I'll keep an eye out for that and now know that acetone will take care of the marks should I get any.

Thanks ya'll!

T100
05-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I got some from this site, http://www.beyondthewake.com/Boat-Trailer-Guide-Pads.php very quick and well priced. Prices are for the pair.

Shooter
05-25-2011, 05:52 PM
How do you tell if the covers are closed top or not? My current covers are closed at the top, keeping them from falling. My bud's are open topped and continually fall.

jpetty3023
05-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Magic eraser takes the marks off the rub rail real easy to. Had pretty large paint mark on rail from the dock and the magic eraser took it right off. Just my .02!!

murraymoomba
05-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Overtons.com has some also.