PDA

View Full Version : Shower install question, help please

husky fan
02-28-2005, 08:22 PM
I just installed a Heater Craft 101-S-C shower in my 2004 Supra Launch. For shower install purposes the Supra Launch is almost identical to the Moomba Outback. we took it out to test it, and the water came out pretty slowly. I just read the Heater Craft web site, and it stated 2.2 GPM. I'm not sure if that was the flow rate, but it seemed pretty pathetic. It had about as much pressure as a drinking fountain. If it was on shower it sprayed about 2 feet before the water started towards the ground. Definitely not house water pressure strength.

Is this normal? I'm not sure what normal house pressure is, but this was much less than that.

Thanks for the feedback.

John

husky fan
02-28-2005, 08:25 PM
oh, i made sure the hose lines were as straight as possible from the engine area to the valves, and were not kinked or pinched. The distance from the hot/cold line to the pump is less than a foot (they are mounted next to each other). The length of the hose after the pump was significant (all the white hose, minus about a foot), and most of it was coiled in the rear compartment.

I shortened the long hose, Do you think that could have solved the problem??

waterboy
03-01-2005, 06:21 AM
John,
I was not thrilled with the pressure on mine either, I just learned to live with it. It seemed like the hot water pressure was more lacking on ours, I checked the lines for kinks and blockage but found nothing. If we used it more often I would've looked into it further, I think.
Let me know if you find a solution.

Brian

zabooda
03-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Have the engine running, have the hot/cold valves fully open, pump turned on and fill a bucket for a minute and see how much water is pumped and compare to the rating. My shower isn't too impressive either but it runs about the same as my motorhome which uses the same type of pump. If you have significantly less than the rated pump rate then I would check for blockage. There may be a screen prior to the intake on the pump. Check the pump that it is running at full speed by jumpering from the battery to the pump. That doesn't work call the manufactorer. Good luck.

husky fan
03-01-2005, 04:19 PM
thanks for the replies. I would imagine it was probably more expectation that it would come out like the shower at home, rather than a problem with the shower installation or pump itself. I'll see if it acts better next time i take it out.

thanks for your help.

John