PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone owned one of these?

uttitanfan
05-23-2011, 12:36 AM
I was wondering if anyone has ever owned one of these tubes, preferrably the Atom. I think the ion (4 person) is too big. I am curious if it lives up to manufacturer hype and is fast for a big tube.

http://www.amazon.com/Ho-Mfg-Atom-Inflatable-Tube/dp/B004QLFA04

deafgoose
05-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Asking about tubes is asking for trouble. lol

uttitanfan
05-23-2011, 01:24 AM
sorry didn't know where else to go. I usually rely upon reviews from amazon and such, but there really wasn't any that were in depth. We got in a car wreck and my whole family had concussions and my son (13 year old) being the worst. Doc said no wakeboarding this year, but we can tube. I was looking for something to make it fun for him and my daughter.

deafgoose
05-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Wow, sorry to hear.

In that case, you are forgiven. :)

moombadaze
05-23-2011, 07:07 AM
wow, glad your all ok.

as for that tube-never been on one but did see someone using one and it looked pretty borring to be on.

sandm
05-23-2011, 07:51 AM
same with me. never been on one. seen several in 2-4person up at our lake and all I ever see them doing is skimming really fast across the water. doesn't appear that they do much else as far as jumping the wake and dumping riders. looks more like a real stable platform to go real fast..

zabooda
05-23-2011, 08:48 AM
If you want a megatube go to Costco as they have a life time guarentee on them.

newty
05-23-2011, 10:39 AM
My family and I demo'd one of the big ones a couple years ago. They were a blast! they are a lot more forgiving on the bumps and they are fast, but expensive. If I had to buy a tube that would be the one!

uttitanfan
05-23-2011, 11:50 PM
I appreciate the feedback. My brother in law who is at the lake every weekend with us just bought the 4 seater they sell at Costco. It was nice but pulled really slow like a 3 bottom plow. When I lifed it out of the water I saw why, it looked like it was holding about 50 gal of water. It was really slow compared to my other tubes. I liked the design of the 3 and 4 sphere because it looked like it skimmed the water.