PDA

View Full Version : how much to pay?

maleyb
02-27-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm looking at buying an 05 Outback LSV. My local dealer is taking $2000 off MSRP at the boat show. Is that a good deal, or should I be able to get more off? Thanks

Buttafewcoe
02-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Geez.........I guess you gotta ax yourself...........Is it a good deal?.......I got an Outback that list for 34K for (what I thought) was an amazing 28K. It came with quite a bit of op's.......onboard ballast, tower, racks, depth finder, 310 carb motor, .......can't member all.......those lsv's r nice.......if there was one thing diff on my boat that I wish I got was the V-Drive...........but like I said, I felt the deal i got was amazing................are you 'feeling it'?
Jim
North Carolina

clark
02-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Send me your email and I can email you some info. I just bought a Mobius LSV. Picked it up Friday.

Clark

Dave A
02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Clark,

How do you like the boat? I know you couldn't sleep Thursday night.

clark
03-01-2005, 12:13 AM
I love the boat. The only time I have had it out was when I picked it up on Friday. They took us out and showed us everything about the boat and the people at Atlanta Marine were great. I was going to take it out on Saturday to were we normally go but due to all the rain we have had lately in the Atlanta area, Lake Sinclair has too many limbs and brush floating around. I did not want to take a chance. Hopefully we can get it out this weekend. I am trying to attach a picture of the boat taken on Saturday afternoon immediately after I waxed it. Sorry, the pic doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Clark

clark
03-07-2005, 01:41 PM
I finally got it out yesterday for about 3 hours. I am still in break-in mode, but can now go up to 4000 RPM's which is good. I have almost 4 hours on it. Got to hurry up and get about 6 more on it before spring break.
It runs great. I got the 325 MPI engine. Starts and runs like a charm. The only draw back is when coasting, the boat will not turn. Seems the boat must be in gear for the rudder to work. I do't understand that.

Clark

OnTheH20
03-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Clark,

Glad you finally got the new boat. I read your description of it in an earlier post and we have nearly identical boats. My wife and I purchased the britany/yellow from the Atlanta show the first day and took delivery in early February. It looks GREAT and I knew you would be thrilled. I just didn't have the heart to say anything until yours came in.

See you on the water! :)

Ps. I haven't noticed a tendency not to turn unless in gear but will pay close attention next time I am out.

clark
03-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Do you have any pictures of yours? Have you had yours on the lake yet, and if so, which lake. I put 3 more hours on it Sunday just trying to get the break-in hours over with. My kids are dying to get behind it. I check my fuel consumption and got approx. 5 GPH. I tried to put some pics out there but they are larger than allowed. Anyone got any ideas on how to put out the pictures.

Clark

smokedog2
03-08-2005, 08:25 AM
In Microsoft Office Picture Manager, probably what you open with go to picture in the File Edit View list at the top, click resize. On the right iI pick predefined width web large. Then clck save as and rename such that you id the web size file.

When you exit it will ask you to save changes say no, that is to change the original file which you want to keep large.

Hope that helps.

SD2

OnTheH20
03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
My picutres were too big as well. I cropped and resaved using a bit more compression. Let's see if this picture works...

OnTheH20
03-08-2005, 01:13 PM
The first attempt failed. Second try worked...

I found some free software on the net where I could set a maximum size. From there I had to open my pic, set the size (155 KB for this board) and resaved.

I've been out twice to Lanier. Once when we picked it up and another time when I dropped it off for a little work. Too many family/friends and too much excitement at pickup to go over the boat in detail. I found a few minor things I wanted changed/fixed once I got it home and give it a good once-over.

Atlanta Marine fixed everything perfectly! I was very pleased with their work.

clark
03-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Yep, looks just like mine. Looks good doesn't it?

Clark

clark
03-09-2005, 09:49 AM
What software did you find on the web to allow you to modify the pics.

Clark

OnTheH20
03-09-2005, 07:01 PM
I used ReaConverter Pro. Thw website is http://www.reasoft.com/products/reaconverter. The software does more than I need and the size limit is a bit hidden. If you use this, go to "Step 3", click Additional Settings and then JPG. The max size will be on the right. Set it to about 155 (kilobytes) and you pics should post just fine.

Moomba4me
03-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Love the pic. I want my BOAT!!! Getting really excited, just put in my equip order with Overton's. Nice color scheme, I ordered the yellow and white XLV with the engine upgrade at the Seattle show in January. How long must I bear the anticipation????

smokedog2
03-12-2005, 11:13 AM
yea but did you color coordinate everything?

SD2

:p

Moomba4me
03-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Working on finding yellow bumpers, yellow docking ropes, yellow jackets, yellow ropes, just ordered the wifes yellow bikini, and my yellow trunks, hey, it's a start.:)

NC05LSV
03-30-2005, 09:49 PM
you have to change the pixels on your photo in whatever your photo editor is on your computer. For me it is "picture it" from Microsoft. Save a copy of the photo you like and then shrink that one so you still have the original I had to play with it a little to get the right size/quality......Patrick..NC

NC05LSV
03-30-2005, 09:50 PM
sorry! disregard my last message............was answering question on the first page.......duh

smokedog2
05-20-2005, 09:12 PM
your Moomba has a zit.

SD2

(or maybe someone else, depends on how funny it is)

smokedog2
05-20-2005, 09:22 PM
I have a red 4 person tube but I will not post pictures. The wakeboard police would get me.

Dog gone Brian Ramond deleted one of my posts (because of the post above I think but it has thrown me off my game).

I'm in a KY bar wi-fi, I will not retell the story but we're having fun.

SD2