PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Wakeboarding products- what's up that that?

skiyaker
05-22-2011, 05:13 PM
last year I got an aerial tower mirror and arm that came complete with a "5 year warranty" I put it in quotes because toward the end of last year the bushing that holds the mirror in place broke. When I contacted the company in March Mike told me to contact him in May- which I did. Sent him the pics below of the broken part. He said I could order a new part and since it's under warranty it would only be $29.99. Huh? what kind of warranty is that? This reminds me of one of my favorite lines from Tommy Boy.

deafgoose
05-22-2011, 05:56 PM
That makes no sense.

Warranty = free replacement unless the damage was caused by the owner.

brad460
05-22-2011, 06:59 PM
$29.99 for a 5 cent piece of plastic?!

Why would they even want to risk a bad reputation over such a cheap part? Beyond belief...

I would kindly remind him that word travels fast these days and poor customer service will eventually put you out of business.

mmandley
05-22-2011, 07:12 PM
thats BS

Sounds like Warrenty means you pay cost but not for free..

kaneboats
05-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Warranty only means whatever it says on the warranty page. Sometimes it's just cost or cost plus shipping. Sometimes it's labor or parts but not both. You have to factor in warranty policies when you compare prices on stuff. On the other hand, if you are telling us the "cost" of that piece of plastic is $29.95 I wouldn't buy anything from them ever again, warranty or not.

rc5695
05-24-2011, 12:23 PM
I bought the mirror last year too, and I love it. No problems with mine yet. I'll make sure I don't tighten those screws on the back too tight after seeing this though... Not saying you did, I just want to make sure i don't. I know they were too loose when I got it and I had to tighten them for it to stay in place better.

skiyaker
05-24-2011, 04:44 PM
yeah we use it to ski and to get it to hold I had to tighten it a bit- but I think that plastic just got brittle

I'm thinking of trying to find a different mirror that can fit on the arm

I've been trying to find the tommy boy clip but here's the closest I could come up with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69T8remjY5s