PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light on...

canadasteve
05-22-2011, 08:04 AM
I have an 07 LSV, 325 Assault.

It's the Check Engine Light and not the V-Drive Light. No power loss, temperature was 170-180 during my first trip, oil pressure was up and good. These warning lights are temperamental so I was not too concerned and did my one hour drive...but any ideas what to look for?

I understand the only way to find out what it is is to have a dealer use the ECM software to read the code. Can a car dealer do that? What would the charge be approx?

I searched the forum but didn't really get a lot of details so thought I would post it in case anyone else is getting similar issues on first trip during long weekend.

Steve

Mikey
05-22-2011, 01:32 PM
This is a very common problem. LOTS of people go through this. I like others have had this and basically keep a close eye on temps and oil pressure ,leaks etc and if engine is running fine ,it ususlly corrects itself after a certain ammount of full cycles. Start-warmup -cooldown .
I've even heard it can be from sensors, sensing a slightly week battery on initial start up ,which i believe was my reason last season etc.
Yeh you could go to the dealer and get it checked,as for car mechanic???? Not sure. Keep an eye on things if boat is running well and other key points are good and it usually goes away. Good Luck.

canadasteve
05-23-2011, 02:41 PM
I had one weak battery on my two I have, so I replaced one with another and I am positive the other is still down.

Maybe that's it? I'll keep an eye on it.

Thx

rdlangston13
05-23-2011, 03:05 PM
It can be from a weak battery or also if you try to start it while it is in gear it will throw a light for like 4-5 ignition cycles. It's a pain in the ass

bjames
06-07-2011, 07:14 PM
You should be able to clear the engine light by turning over the ignition either 3 or 5 times. I was getting anoying engine lights, last few was due to a wire harnes comming loose when hitting huge waves. When I get an engine light and all my parameters look fine, I reset the light and continue on. I was told if it was a serious problem, then engine light would come on imediately after resetting the light. Most of the codes should be kept in memory, so you can wait a take the boat to you dealer for an engine code diagnostic ($75 +/-)

jmb
06-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I gotta tell ya, I guess my boat is a little older but I am glad I don't have check engine lights. I have 600 hrs on it and it runs like it was brand new. This will now be my omen and it will break down.