PDA

View Full Version : Boat Buddy for Traler

seanpatsdad
02-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Just wondering if anyone has a Boat Buddy on their trailer.I went to the Indianapolis boat show last night and saw that all the new Moombas had this on the trailers.If so do you like it and is it worth it.I see that they are sold for 3/8 or 1/2 inch size bow eyes.Is that the diameter of the bow eye bolt they are asking.Thanks for any info.
John

Aquaholic
02-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Well I have a two buddies who have mc205's and they both have the bb. Over the years I have noticed a general wearing in that area as the boat alines itself into the clipping area. If they are on angle they have to give much more throttle than normal to click in. So when I saw the standard little black roller that my XLV had I too thought about gettting the BB. But I like that the boat has a very small contact point to minimize wear. However the bad thing ahout the rachet style/small roller thing is that twice now when i load the boat back on the trailer and place the bow ring on the roller and pull away up the ramp the boat is 3 or 4 inches from the roller. I understand that its due to the angle and resolved the prob by slowly pulling forward and have a buddy crank to take up the slak. My point is with the BB I never saw my buddies have to do anything but get close and bump it up and in. I'm going to say if you trailer alot then the BB is lot easier to work with but you have to remmeber to arm the pin each time or you won't be able to lock in. Good luck.

Aquaholic

Lake Bound
02-28-2005, 12:47 PM
I started with the black roller and then bought the Boat Buddy about a year ago and wouldn't think of going back. It is so easy to load the boat, just drive up and it locks in. I do alot of trailering and this just makes it that much simplier to get off a crowded ramp. Hope this helps,

seanpatsdad
02-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the info guys.I will be getting one soon.
John