PDA

View Full Version : Will my 07 LSV with Assault 325 Charge Batteries?

canadasteve
05-21-2011, 12:29 PM
I am charging my dual batteries in my LSV but wondering will I get a faster charge if I just jump the boat and run it. At present, the batteries are just click click clicking when I turn it over...so I disconnected the positive cables on BOTH batteries and now have a 10A charger going on each battery. But this will take hours and I want to go out in 2 hours.

Any help telling me if you think I"ll get it charged in time to start it?

Being a complete goof, I may run out and just buy a new battery for the hell of it. I can always use it in my other fishing boat.

zabooda
05-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Turn the engine over before you leave, take jumper cables and don't run accessories with the engine off. You need to find the reason for the discharge when you get back

canadasteve
05-22-2011, 07:48 AM
discharge probably from storage the entire winter. No?? I forgot to disconnected the battery in the heated storage...so I suspect that's it. I bought another deep cell/starting battery just in case as I needed it for a trolling motor on my fishing boat...so I used it today to start it. Bigger problems now. Check engine light is on. Another thread.

Razzman
05-22-2011, 08:54 AM
discharge probably from storage the entire winter. No?? I forgot to disconnected the battery in the heated storage...so I suspect that's it. I bought another deep cell/starting battery just in case as I needed it for a trolling motor on my fishing boat...so I used it today to start it. Bigger problems now. Check engine light is on. Another thread.

Well you just answered yuor own question. you never leave batteries in a boat unattended. either hook them up to an onboard charger or pull them from the boat and.place on a charger ALL winter. unless you want the batteries to have a short life span then you need to fully charge them now. not only that but relying on your alt to charge fully discharged batts is very hard on the alt.