PDA

View Full Version : Today is a sad day

you da man
05-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Today I say good-bye to my wonderful XLV. Trading her in on an Axis A-22. I'm just disappointed in the weight sensitivity of my boat in regards to the wakeboarding wake. It's very hard to get and keep a clean wake below 24mph without having a washed out lip on one side. The Axis has a crisp and clean wake down to 18-19 mph all the way back. Plus the wake is huge and rampy. I'll post pics when I take delivery on Tues.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Today I say good-bye to my wonderful XLV. Trading her in on an Axis A-22. I'm just disappointed in the weight sensitivity of my boat in regards to the wakeboarding wake. It's very hard to get and keep a clean wake below 24mph without having a washed out lip on one side. The Axis has a crisp and clean wake down to 18-19 mph all the way back. Plus the wake is huge and rampy. I'll post pics when I take delivery on Tues.

Ohhh no!!

Well its bittersweet I'm sure. I have heard good things about the A22 and I am sure you will be a happy boater. :)

Your not leaving the forum though right?

New Guy
05-21-2011, 12:12 PM
That sucks but a guy has to do it some times.

I'm looking forward to the stereo upgrades on the A22

you da man
05-21-2011, 06:12 PM
That sucks but a guy has to do it some times.

I'm looking forward to the stereo upgrades on the A22

Going to be a swap over from Moomba to Axis except the Axis has 8 cabin speakers

Moseley618
05-21-2011, 09:49 PM
My buddy has one and it is a great boat. He bought it in November last year and I think he paid $51,000 with every option. We surfed it the other day and I will tell you the plug and play is not enough for a great surf weight. It should be able to handle serious weight. Great boat over all it does have a very nice wakeboard wake at 18 or 24. Good riding!

brain_rinse
05-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Sorry to see you leave the crew. Good luck with the new boat!

you da man
05-22-2011, 03:17 AM
My buddy has one and it is a great boat. He bought it in November last year and I think he paid $51,000 with every option. We surfed it the other day and I will tell you the plug and play is not enough for a great surf weight. It should be able to handle serious weight. Great boat over all it does have a very nice wakeboard wake at 18 or 24. Good riding!

Standard PnP ballast on the Axis is extra 400 sacs on each side plus the 950 bow sac. I'm upping the 400's to 750's plus I still have two 400 sacs I can throw around for surfing.