PDA

View Full Version : towerless 2011 outback V

moombadaze
05-19-2011, 01:44 PM
bored at work and came across this

ian ashton
05-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Looks sweet, but why?

I must admit, the new Outback multi-piece towers look like crapola. I'd go no tower too.

c.rix
05-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Man I like the looks of that boat very nice put a v2 on it and it would be amazing

I agree Ian the outback and obv towers are outdated and look like crap folding forward kinda stinks wish my boat had at least a lsv style tower but oh well

ian ashton
05-19-2011, 06:07 PM
The new ones are even worse - they got a Chineese supplier and duplicated the same tower, but the main part splits into 3 pieces. From the front they look bow-legged.

c.rix
05-19-2011, 06:23 PM
REALLY? I guess I will have to check it out when im near the stealership next time

jmvotto
05-19-2011, 10:39 PM
looks nekked without it. at first i thought it was covered..:rolleyes:

moombadaze
05-20-2011, 07:22 AM
[quote=ian ashton;138920] they got a Chineese supplier and duplicated the same tower, but the main part splits into 3 pieces. quote]

Really, Ian you have any photos of this 3 piece tower? my local dealer has no new boats and im curious about that

Other than holding the speakers I really have no use for the tower as we dont wakeboard and could use the ski tow to start out when surfing

Hoopskier
05-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Thats getting to be a rare sight these days. A ski/wakeboard boat without a tower. I agree that the new V2 tower would look pretty good on that boat. I would also agree that the Outback and Outback V towers are ready for a new design. As I also have the old tower, it is hard to fold with the forward design and I only have a bimini top on mine.

Shooter
05-20-2011, 01:27 PM
How much does it save you to go without a factory tower?

I am toying with the idea of ordering a new boat this winter and have thought about getting it towerless, ballastless, and stereoless. I've seen a few aftermarket towers I like better than the OEM, and the stereo and ballast always get modded anyway.