PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Gold Speakers

SEARK
05-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Anybody know anything about Phoenix Gold speakers. I came accross this deal on DIY Wake http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=633 and don't know if they would be worth buying or not. Some of you audio experts let me know.

Thanks.

mcdye
05-19-2011, 09:01 AM
My Roswell speaker bar came from factory with a Phoenix set in it. I dont know which model. I think in 2011 they went to Kenwood, maybe wrong.

SEARK
05-19-2011, 10:50 AM
How was the sound on them?

EarmarkMarine
05-19-2011, 11:16 AM
I auditioned samples of those exact speakers. As coaming speakers they would be decent. A major upgrade from the previous P.G. speakers that were used on the Roswell combo spin/pod bars. But, if you are wanting projection at wake range then you are going to be disappointed by a conventional car door speaker...which is exactly what that is. A single pair of Kicker HLCDs would be the natural upgrade for that bar down the road.

David
Earmark Marine

SEARK
05-19-2011, 04:56 PM
I auditioned samples of those exact speakers. As coaming speakers they would be decent. A major upgrade from the previous P.G. speakers that were used on the Roswell combo spin/pod bars. But, if you are wanting projection at wake range then you are going to be disappointed by a conventional car door speaker...which is exactly what that is. A single pair of Kicker HLCDs would be the natural upgrade for that bar down the road.

David
Earmark Marine

Thanks, That is the info I was looking for.