PDA

View Full Version : Ballast tank in 04 Outback LS

mudaa
05-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Okay, I called the factory since Moomba dealer in Minocqua seems to be clueless. There is a hard plastic tank under the back seat. The guy at the factory told me that is for the optional factory ballast system. It looks like it holds about 40 + gallons of water. There is two built in fittings with plugs in them currently. So my question is based on everyones research what would be the best pump to install to fill the tank. I am sure there is some sort of pump that you can just reverse the polarity and the pump will drain the tank. Also any tips on installation would be appreciated.

PS on a sidenote I can say that this boat can run circles around my old mastercraft. I was able to give it the driving test and found that the boat had zero flex to it and was more responsive then the old MC.

bergermaister
05-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Dude - do some searches on the forum. You will find a mountain of information on ballast upgrades, overhauls, etc. Reversible pumps are known as impeller style - look for jabsco or johnson.

Food for thought as you research - go big, you don't have to fill it all the way if you don't want to.

If you don't have time to research it, talk to the guys at wakemakers.com.

Good luck - Peace out

Hoopskier
05-18-2011, 08:30 PM
If you are looking for a kit for an easier install versus piecing it together then maybe check this out- http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast-packages/wakeboard-ballast-systems

Also post pictures of boat. Pictures are nice to look at.

Also there should be a third connection on your hard tank on the bottom for the drain. Top ones are for vent and fill.

deepcove
05-18-2011, 08:59 PM
I have a 04 Mobius LS with the factory tank under the seat. The factory set up has one pump bringing water into 2 sprinkler valves. One goes to the front locker bag and the other to the rear tank. There is another pump on the bottom of the rear tank to drain the tank. if you are stating from scratch get in touch with wakemakers. They will most likely suggest a single jabsco reversible pump for the rear tank wich will fill and drain extremely fast. This is what they suggested for me to get a faster fill.