PDA

View Full Version : More than Just A Sticker, Maybe a Good Name For The Boat

T100
05-17-2011, 11:50 AM
I know.... I know most do not put stickers on their boat. My buddy gave me one at Easter that represented us going to Hawaii a few years ago and staying at their holiday home. We had a blast, if a beer or drink was had it started with Shaka Brah!! He brought the sticker back for the boat from their trip this Christmas to Hawaii. This couple also had a lot to do with us buying our boat mostly talking my wife into finally taking the plunge. Even thou it is just a sticker it represents great friends, great family and great times, what having a boat is all about for me.

Shaka Brah!

kaneboats
05-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Sounds to me like it totally belongs. No worries.

kaneboats
05-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Pretty sure it started in Hawaii. But FL surfers use it to mean "hang loose".

T100
05-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks Guys,
Hawaiian hand gesture. It has many meanings. Originally it means to "hang loose", or to chill and be laid back. It can be used as a positive reinforcement. If somebody did something good, cool, or righteous; You can give them a shaka as a sign of approval or praise. It can also be used as a welcome/goodbye sign. Most people would give the shaka as a sign of wassup or hello, use it as a way of saying goodbye, and even use it as a thank you.

kaneboats
05-17-2011, 02:30 PM
The old "read between the lines" three finger salute, eh?

rc5695
05-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I like the sticker. Pretty cool, tasteful, and fitting.

Personally, I like stickers when done tastefully...Yeah, I know that means something different to everyone....I guess I mean not just a bunch of random stickers stuck all over the place...And stickers that belong with the sport. Don't put a Renthal chain sticker on your boat; that kinda thing.