PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Improvments

watermania
02-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Hi:

I ordered a 2005 Outback and noted a few things that could be improved from my test drive.

The thottle placement is to low relative to the arm rest. The throttle should be placed so that you can rest your arm comfortably on the arm rest and still be able to feather the throttle while driving at ski and Wakeboard speed.

I live in Washington and most the the ski season the weather will be cool. I think the windshield is to low to protect the driver and passengers from the wind. Which is the purpose of the windshield.

The reason I am getting a new boat is that I need to have an open bow for my kids. Most the time I will not have people in the bow. I ordered the jump seat for the walkway and the bow cover to keep the wind out when not using the bow. I would think that you would provide a screen to block the wind in the walkway that could be easily opened and closed for access to the bow. I am worried about wearing out the snaps on the bow cover to fold down the tower and wipe down the boat after each use. You do not provide any photos or info on the jump seat. Does the seat back fold down for access to the bow? I hope the seat will work out as I intend to use it.

I cannot belive that the water strainer a necessary piece of equipment for longevity of your product is not standard.

Once I get my boat and use it I will follow up with any other suggestions. :)

watermania
02-27-2005, 07:31 PM
I forgot to mention one other suggestion. I ordered a tower and will keep the boat in a boat lift. This will require me to lower the tower after each use. To lower the tower you have to remove the two back bolts with knobs so I am afraid that I will lose one of the bolts into the lake eventually when removing them. You may want to lanyard them so they cannot be lost.

Thanks
Watermania

Yellowmobius
02-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Watermaina,

You might be interested in a RackJack, check it out.
http://www.wakezone.biz/rackjack.htm