PDA

View Full Version : Broken Vent Plate

FamilyMatters
05-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Has any one ever broken the little Vent plate in front of the Windshield?? I cracked mine climbing around installing my Monster Cargo Bimini. Do you know if you have to remove or lift the Windshield to replace that little plastic piece?

Thanks as always for the response!

Peace
Daren

saskie99
05-16-2011, 05:52 PM
I have got a cracked one also, same story!

davinci
05-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Mine to but haven't looked at the removal procedure yet. I wonder if I can order one , if not I'll just make one out of black plexiglass.

ian ashton
05-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I did, and replaced mine. I used an L shaped screw driver to remove the screws, didn't have to remove the windshield.

Canuckle Head
05-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Would be cool to be able to find chromed ones...

kaneboats
05-16-2011, 07:34 PM
I busted one on my Outback. It came off in one smooth even piece so I just epoxied it back together and forgot all about it.

jpetty3023
05-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Have the same problem with mine. Took her in today for 20 hour service and had it noted for the service manager. He didn't have one in stock but ordered it and said the windshield would have to be lifted a tad to slide it back in without cracking it.

KSmith
05-17-2011, 08:36 AM
I did, and replaced mine. I used an L shaped screw driver to remove the screws, didn't have to remove the windshield.

I am going to have to try that. Mine isn't broken but I'd like to clean under/around it.

Speaking of which, how do you guys keep junk out of the vent if you don't have a full cover?

I have the snap on bow and main cabin covers and I get all manner of junk blown in there, leaves, pollen, bugs, etc...

As was mentioned chrome ones would be nice :-)

ian ashton
05-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I've never really worried about it - anything that goes into the vent will eventually end up in the bilge or the air filter, so I don't think its a big issue.

mmandley
05-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Its not really an issue, as Ian said all it does is supply air to the engine bay area. It just dumps air into the builge and allows a source of air for the engine to breath and vent from.
Its not like a car intake that foes directly to the engine or filter.