PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt buy

11 Outback V
05-14-2011, 08:48 PM
What happened to the T-Shirt buy. Last I read someone was taking it over for Kaneboat but I haven't heard anything since then.
Can someone give me an update???

Todd

deerfield
05-14-2011, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=11 Outback V;137962]Can someone give me an update???/QUOTE]

A sample is being made. I will be back in town later this week to pick up and post a picture, with price and ordering instructions (I hope).

11 Outback V
05-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Is there a problem? We get shirts done for the race teamin 7-10 days and this has been going on for over a month. Im sure that there are things going on behind the sceens that I am unaware of but if I can be of any help please feel free to let me know.

Todd

wolfeman131
05-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Maybe Deerfield can give some background. I ran a t shirt/silkscreen business in college and it's tough to price out an order when specifics such as quantity per size/color are not provided. Costs are driven up by variations and smaller quantities. On demand printing is becoming more popular, but you normally sacrifice some print quality.

mmandley
05-14-2011, 09:47 PM
I understand now there is a much cheaper way the silk screaning. Its vynal and they use an iron press, much cheaper from what i understand.

Thats all i know on this topic lol.

I am interested but Claudia has a death grip on my spending till we move into the house since that should be in the next 4 weeks.

wolfeman131
05-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Yep, Mike, that would be an example of the quality issue. I'm sure you've had one of those vinyl types that once heated up good in the dryer, it starts to peel off the shirt.

deerfield
05-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Is there a problem?

No problem. It'll get done. Probably won't make everyone happy, but hope to hit a sweet spot with two shirts that will work for most. Roo on back and Moomba on front. Again, my target is to pick up the sample and post a picture by next weekend. And, it's actually been more than a month.

kaneboats
05-16-2011, 10:47 AM
The delay is my fault, not Deerfield's. I was jacking around with two different sources for weeks before it turned out that neither of them would do what I wanted them to do. Apparently providing a mockup was too difficult for the cheaper one while quoting a reasonable amount was too difficult for the other. Deerfield accepted the baton (thanks to everyone else who offered) and has been working diligently on a simplified process that should make shirts available soon and get them to everyone quickly. Thank you again, Deerfield!

deerfield
07-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Guys - Ready to take orders.

T-shirt fabrics are cotton (see sample photo) or wicking. Color is black, with Moomba on front and Roo logo on back. Ink colors are platinum or gold.

Cotton S - XL $8.00
Cotton XXL - XXXL $10.00
Wicking S - XL - $13.00
Wicking XXL - XXXL $15.00

To keep this simple, packing, handling, and shipping are $3.50 per shirt via the U.S. Postal Service.

To facilitate ordering and shipping, I put together an order form. Please send me a PM with your email address and I will send the form.

I'd like to have all order by Saturday, August 6, so I can get the shirts printed and shipped no later than Friday, August 12. I'm using a local t-shirt business.

I know we are half way through the season and apologize for the delay. Thanks, and long live the Roo! - Deerfield

jester
07-24-2011, 10:40 AM
deerfield,

Thank you for putting this together. You might want to start a new post so there is no digging to see the information since this is going to fill up from posts fast.