PDA

View Full Version : Thru hull fittings

tnbrooks01
05-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Im sure this has been discussed before but does anyone know what size the thru hull fittings are on a 2010 LSV? I thought they were 3/4 so I purchased some stainless but the 3/4 are too big.

Thanks
Todd

11 Outback V
05-12-2011, 08:40 PM
I just purchased some from SC in 3/4 and when they arrived they were bigger then the old ones, outside not pipe fitting. I ended up finding the exact match at a local boat supply place.

kaneboats
05-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Can somebody throw up a pic of the two sizes side by side? Thanks!

11 Outback V
05-13-2011, 09:35 PM
This is a pic of the two fittings as close to side by side as I could get them. Both fittings take a 3/4 hoseand both came from SC. I was told that the larger one is what they are using now. It has a Stainless Steel face where the old one is chrome. You can clearly see the sixe difference between the two. This is the only pic I have since I sent back the large one and found an exact match to the factory one to complete my newest project.

Details to follow soon:rolleyes::p

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff482/shouldihaveone/photo_31.jpg

mmandley
05-14-2011, 08:39 AM
I think this is due to the factory ones actually being plastic with chrome platting and the new ones you buy tend to be metal and chrome plated. This is the experience i found but then i replaced all my black plastic ones at one time.

The issue i ran into was when i bought my 5th threw hull it didnt match my other 4. So i had to move it to the rear passenger side so its all by its self and the difference cant be noticed. You can only see the difference when its side by side.

The depth of the threw hull shouldnt matter as you can saw off the extenstion if its to long, but the threading can be different. As i also found the 4 i bought on Ebay were threaded all the way to the outter lip. The 5th i got was not and so i hadd to add a spacer to make a tight fit with the boat hull.