PDA

View Full Version : Spring Upgrades/Service

Todd_Droz
05-10-2011, 12:01 AM
So, I *thought* all I was going to do this Spring before I get up and running was build a new sub enclosure, learn how to change my own oil and impeller, and have the decals replaced that the dealer messed up on last year. Here is what I have done to get ready for the season:

- Changed oil, impeller, fuel/water separator
- Got the decals replaced by the dealer
- re-covering all bow seats and observer seat
- fixed corroded cable connectors on trailer with waterproof connectors
- installed Fulton F2 jack
- installed new spare tire holder and spare tire
- installed new steering cable
- built sub box and mounted (pictures soon in Audio section)
- replaced bilge pump
- clean and condition seats
- ran new iPod cable to helm (no more going to glove box/storage for iPod)
- wash and wax (Meguiars NXT 2.0 is GREAT)

I'm sure there are little things here and there that will come up but I think I'm ready to roll (I hope).

SC_LSV
05-11-2011, 03:04 PM
How difficult was it to replace the Bilge Pump? Mine works from the switch, but the auto float stopped working a year and a half ago.

deafgoose
05-11-2011, 03:11 PM
How difficult was it to replace the Bilge Pump? Mine works from the switch, but the auto float stopped working a year and a half ago.

My float stopped working after 1 year.

The bilge pump is something I replace every single year now because I leave my boat in the water all season.

You will need to cut the wires on the existing bilge pump and solder the wires of the new pump. Moomba used some type of proprietary connector on the end of the original.

SC_LSV
05-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Boat is at storage facility, so I can't check mine.

How is the pump attached to the hull? Like removing the old one and attaching the new one?

davinci
05-14-2011, 01:44 AM
The pump is attached with silicone adhesive, you will need an exacto knife to cut it out. Make sure the compartment is completely dry before installing the new one.

Hoopskier
05-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Not sure if Skiers Choice used the same bilge pumps in their boats throughout the years. I had replaced my bilge pump once due to a cracked housing. Simple enough to replace. The plug on the old pump will have to be re-used as mentions earlier. It does come out there and can work on it on a work bench (alot easier).

On my boat the bilge pump had a mounting base and then pump snapped into it. Just swapped the pumps and re-use the base. This is the pump in my boat.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sahara-500-Automatic-Bilge-Pump-12-VDC/11071160?findingMethod=rr