PDA

View Full Version : Boat Performance

FINMAN
02-16-2005, 04:17 PM
I maybe getting into a ski boat v drive soon. Some questions I had about Moomba and other makes were how the 20' boat rides at cruise speed (30mph - 40mph). Does the boats tend to porpoise and how do they handle large waves from cruisers? The lake I go to sometimes gettis pretty choppy.

Thanks for the feedback,

Finman

greygoose
02-17-2005, 11:09 AM
The boats ride great. make sure to get the hydraulic wake plat with the V-Drive. The Moomba Outback LSV and the Mobius LSV are great boats. myself and friends boat on a large lake where there is a large amount of big boat traffic and also barge traffic and we have never had any problems with the ride or the performance. I am trying to sale my friends boat 04 Outback LSV with 320 EFI and only 38 hours. he ordered a new 05 this year. See the Classifieds portion of this board - 04 Outback LSV for a full description.

Keaton
02-17-2005, 05:51 PM
You have to keep in mind what these boats are desighned for. You'll definatly like it better if you get the wake plate. They do tend to porpous without it at higher speeds. If performance is the question then the real question is water sport performance. If your in rough water all the time your gonna get beat up pretty bad in these kind of boats but once you get some smooth water and a rider behind it then you'll be pleased. Besides rough water riding can make for a misurable day for everyone no matter what boat your in.