PDA

View Full Version : floating rail

mbridgs2
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
id like to build a rail but where my camp is there is no place to have one that sits on the ground. do any of you guys have any ideas on how to build a floating rail?
id like to use a few od thos big blue plastic barrels and fill them up with a little bit of water so it sits a little lower in the water and use plastic decking for top serface. thats just an idea any suggestions would be great.

thanks mason

KG's Supra24
05-10-2011, 09:24 AM
I looked into doing this as well. You can find some plans by googling but i had come to about the same conclusion as you with the blue barrels. Either that or the dock foam stuff.

What is your plan for keeping it in place?

mbridgs2
05-10-2011, 09:52 PM
i just plan to ancor it on both ends with one of thos painters buckets filled with cement and a I hook and i thought about useing the dock floats but i dont feel like spending the money on thos and with the barrels i can sink one sick and have the end up high and rais it up and down just by adding water to them. i dont know how im gona attach to the barrels but ill figur somthen out. does anyone know where you can get thos big blue barrels?