PDA

View Full Version : Gauges On all the time?

outback08
05-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Put my boat in storage for the winter. When i got it out I noticed when I recharged the battery that the gauges stay on all the time.

I have a 2 battery set up, 1 deep cycle and one standard battery. I have a perko switch that is in the off position. The key is in the off position and not in the ignition.

Battery 1 os the starter battery with no additional connections. The deep cycle has the amp all inboard electrical connections. It is hooked up to 2 on the Perko.

This sounds like the positive is stay hot on the power strip. I am not sure though how it wires up through relays and such.

This is on an 2008 outback v, any help is greatly appreciated.:confused:

mmandley
05-10-2011, 11:56 AM
If you have all the accessories on the Battery directly then they will have power all the time. You would need to add that main power line at the Switch not the battery. It would need to be on the switching post.

By having it on the battery you are essentially by passing your selector and this is what causes you to have power all the time at a location on the boat.

cab13367
05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
The gauges are on all the time or the gauge backlight is on? The gauges should be wired to your ignition key so they come on when you turn the key. The gauge backlighting should be wired to your Nav/Anc switch on the dash.

Al