PDA

View Full Version : Tornado

jmb
05-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey everyone, how's it going. I got wiped out by the tornado so I haven't been on here. I lost my whole house and all my belongings. The only thing that made it was the truck and the boat. Boat has one scratch. The barn it was in is gone. We are all safe. I left at the last minute with my wife. I don't think we would have made it had we stayed at home. Looks like a busy summer trying to rebuild. It was a very bad experience. Hope all is well with all of you.

cowboyl
05-07-2011, 11:03 PM
glad to hear that you and the family are ok. good thing is property can be rebuilt and replaced and the memories wil continue, and good memorys on the water with the boat....take care

wolfeman131
05-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Jmb - so glad to hear from you and that you and your wife are safe. We have been praying for you and waiting to hear that you are OK. What can we do to help you out?

jmb
05-07-2011, 11:34 PM
We are doing fine. We have rented an apartment for the time being. We are better off than alot of other folks. I am at a stanstill right now. I went through our stuff and salvaged what I could. Not much to salvage. Found my checkbook though and the boat keys. Got the whole Moomba bag and everything was in it. I had the back seat in the house though so it is torn up. Will need to order one from skiers choice I guess. Worst experience I have ever been through. Thankyou for the prayers.

jmvotto
05-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Glad you made it through. Rebuilding will be hard. Let us know what we can help with. This community is great and will certainly lend a hand.

KSmith
05-08-2011, 08:44 AM
jmb - Good to know you and your wife are safe. As the others have said give us a holler if there is something we can do to help. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

sandm
05-08-2011, 09:45 AM
sucks to hear and glad you are ok. happened for a reason so hope some good karma comes your way :)

mmandley
05-08-2011, 10:56 AM
WOW cant Even imagine the stress your going threw, its good to hear you and the family are OK and you made it threw with the truck.

The boat is definitely a bonus because its a hard item to replace financially when something like this happens. The truck is a must because no transportation is even worse.

Let us know if we can do anything to help as well, we had you in our thoughts that you were OK and I'm glad to hear your doing alright man.

rdlangston13
05-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Glad to hear that you and the family are ok! I don't wish a tornado on anyone, horrible disasters. Much like what everyone else said, if there is anything I can do just give me shout.

deerfield
05-08-2011, 03:18 PM
jmb - In the aftermath of the tornado, do you have a job and source of income? Did your employer shut down or is it in business? How are you managing with day-to-day necessities for living? Will you rebuild on your lot? If so, what is the timeline? Am glad that you have a roof over your head. Much for which to be grateful, mostly that you and your family are okay. - Deerfield

WaterBullDawg1980
05-08-2011, 04:04 PM
jmb- Like others have posted and I know you realize, its great news that you and the family have your lives and good health. We have been praying for you and all of your neighbors over there in Bama.

Like others have stated, if there is anything at all I can help with, please ask.

What's the game plan for the rebuild? Do you know yet?

TL7
05-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Glad you're safe - that's what counts.

I'm horrible at setting things up, but I'd definitely contribute to a fund if someone is good at getting the ball rolling. I know our contributions will be minute in the grand scheme, but I consider all you guys family somehow and I'd love to help any way I can.

jmb
05-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes, I still have my job. It did not get wiped out. I hope to move back on the property this fall. Thanks to all of you for wanting to help. This whole thing is requiring patience, really. There is so much to clean up and I am waiting to see what FEMA and other agencies are going to do. It will take track hoes and alot of trucks to get all this out of here. Thanks again for all the support. Day to day necessesities is hard. Always grabbing after something we don't have. Finally got deoderant after 3 days. Bars of soap were huge. We bought a couch and chair. We are blessed better than other folks.

brain_rinse
05-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Glad to hear you are doing OK. Keep your head up and let us know if you need help in any way.

kaneboats
05-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Another here glad to hear you got through OK. We have been praying for all of you. Please let us know if you need anything. This group is certainly willing.

New Guy
05-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Wow glad to hear that you and the family are ok. Give it time and things will work there way back into place. Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help.

-Mark

Hawkdriver
05-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Glad you are still with us! I have family in Eoline (Centerville) a few miles south of you guys that got hit hard too. My cousin was at work at the University when it hit. It has been life changing for them as well. I went up the weekend it happened to help clean up and deliver supplies. It really was a sad sight. I'll be praying for you all.

Jeff

jmb
05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Everyone in my department has said it is time for me to take a break and go out on the boat maybe this weekend for a day. I might do that. Lost my brand new 750lb fat sac in the storm. Lost my back seat also. They were in the house. I appreciate everyones support. I have just about completed my end of the salvage so I will wait and see what other agencies will clean up. Thats where I stand for now.

wolfeman131
05-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Lost my brand new 750lb fat sac in the storm. Lost my back seat also.

Hey Jim,

Hope you don't mind, but I worked out a bit of a surprise for you with the help of Rick Tinker, President of Skier's Choice and Anthony Cooper over at Skier's Choice.

Want to know what it is?

How does a replacement 750 sac & rear seat sound to you?

Understand that you lost a whole lot more than that, but hopefully this will help you and your family find some comfort and enjoy some time together on the water this summer.

I need you to send me a PM with a number that I can reach you at so we can get all the details worked out.

A huge THANK YOU to Rick & his team at SC!

Best,
Drew

WaterBullDawg1980
05-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey Jim,

Hope you don't mind, but I worked out a bit of a surprise for you with the help of Rick Tinker, President of Skier's Choice and Anthony Cooper over at Skier's Choice.

Want to know what it is?

How does a replacement 750 sac & rear seat sound to you?

Understand that you lost a whole lot more than that, but hopefully this will help you and your family find some comfort and enjoy some time together on the water this summer.

I need you to send me a PM with a number that I can reach you at so we can get all the details worked out.

A huge THANK YOU to Rick & his team at SC!

Best,
Drew

This is AWESOME! Not even for me and I am excited as a kid on Christmas!

Way to come through Drew, Rick, Anthony and Skiers Choice. Speaks volumes about all of you.

kaneboats
05-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Excellent work, gentlemen. Proud to be part of this family. Woo Hoo!!!!! :D

dusty2221
05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
wow, nice work wolfman.

TL7
05-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Wow. Just wow.

brain_rinse
05-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Rick and Anthony - you guys are awesome! Makes a guy proud to be part of the SC family.

And Drew, thanks for coordinating this. VERY cool of you.

MNKid
05-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Very Cool!

jmb
05-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Man, I don't know what to say. You all are wonderful. About to make me cry. I get emotional at times right now. What a nice thing to do. I was going to call skiers choice in the next couple of days to see what I could've done to order one. This is more than enough. This really makes my day. Wolfeman, you are the man.

jmb
05-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Wolfeman,

I PM'ed you. Let me know if you got it.

schuylski
05-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Wow. so cool. proud to be a part of the SC LLTR crew.

jmb- glad you all are safe.

jmvotto
05-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Drew great work above and beyond. Rick and Anthony, you guys are a class act.

proud to be part of the Roo crew.

cowboyl
05-10-2011, 11:16 PM
its the things like disasters that people and companys get behind and how the human spirit and compasion of a small thing like a seat and sack...with SC stepping up to somthing like this has just turned me into a life long SC customer. i will always stand behind companys that give back to the customers that support them. its already been said, but all involved with this small token, my hat is off to you all !!!

Take care everyone.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-11-2011, 12:41 PM
with SC stepping up to somthing like this has just turned me into a life long SC customer. i will always stand behind companys that give back to the customers that support them.

I feel the same way. It means even more in this day and age with the economy being like it is.

eseebeck
05-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Great new to hear that all is good with you and your wife. We have been praying for those affected by the storms and are glad to hear of a story where our prayers were at work.

God Bless you and your neighbors, please put a shout out if we can do anything for you or those around you. It is so different to find out what we can actually do for those affected that isn't being done by the official support groups.

I know red cross and fema will help with things but, ANYTHING that isn't being taken care of, are a certain concern for us.

Please let us help if you need anything

God bless you

deerfield
05-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Day to day necessesities is hard. Always grabbing after something we don't have. Finally got deoderant after 3 days. Bars of soap were huge. We bought a couch and chair.

jmb - Tell us what you need and an address to which it can be shipped. Like your apartment or hotel, maybe? I will put together a box with personal type stuff (like above). If it's more than you need or not what you need, maybe just share with those around you. Just need an address. Thanks. - Deerfield

jester
05-12-2011, 12:05 AM
jmb- Sorry to hear about the loss but i am happy to hear you and your family came out ok.

I also need an address to send you a care package. Is there anything specifically you need?

jmb
05-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks so much for everyones support. It is hard to tell everyone what we need. I try not to ask of much and there are so many people that are worse off than us. You don't realize what you really need until you go to reach for it and it's not there. We have the very basics now and we will progress from there. Each day gets a little better. At least I have a job to go to. Alot of folks lost their jobs because of destruction. That makes it even harder. I am blessed with what we have and just having everyones support on here. Thank you so much. I will give deerfield my address so if you could, please contact him.

cham
05-12-2011, 09:11 PM
jmb, all the best wishes for you in this time of rebuilding.

Skiers Choice staff, a tip of the hat to you for what you have done for your fellow man.

jmb
05-12-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't think I will make it out yet this weekend. To much to do. Going to look at the boat Sunday and take a close look for damage. Things looked good when I took it out of the rubble but I need to take a real good look. A friend is keeping it in his shop so that really helps. I hope by next weekend I can maybe go out a day. It would be kind of nice to get away even for just a day.

davinci
05-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Amazing..just..amazing God bless you Jmb and all of those people in the same situation as you. As for Rick and Anthony ....I'm speechless and very happy to be part of the moomba family.

jmb
05-15-2011, 08:43 PM
I got to go over and wash the boat today. Got the tornado stuff off of it. It really came out well. A few cuts and bruises but I can get them out with a little rubbing compound and 3M Finesse. It felt good to clean her up today. Finally, something that wasn't rubble. That has made me want to go out and ski and wakeboard. I hope maybe this weekend coming up. Might even take a vacation day.

cham
05-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Great!

Wow, it will take out houses, factories, cars & more but it can't touch a Moomba eh?

Nice

jmb
05-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Guess I didn't quite look at it that way. I reckon a moomba is pretty tough.

Shooter
05-15-2011, 11:17 PM
It's great to read a thread like this.

jmb-It is so good to hear that you and your family are ok. You will stay IMP during this time of rebuilding

SC-I'll add another attaboy to the plate. A gesture such as this speaks volumes of what kind of leadership is at your company.

moombadaze
05-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Jmb, glad to hear your doing good and getting back together.

Hats off to the SkierChoice crew-way cool what you did Drew!

bumpass1
05-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Some of the best therapy is a day away from reality. Sorry to hear about your troubles. It is one thing to know that tragedy happens. It is another thing for it to hit home. I am proud to see that the human spirit can't be broken. Take a day and get away on the boat. If only for a few hours. You deserve it. Good luck in the rebuild.