PDA

View Full Version : Tower light project

Aquaholic
02-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey anyone ever thought about replacing the crappy flip up bow light with the shwanky light that the supra uses on their tower. I have... I got may hands on one the other day and today I went to new boat (XLV) with the intent of making the change. First hurdle, the alumium post that the plastic collar sleeves over is not drilled all the way thru to allow the wire from the new light to thread thru. This is not a big deal the real question is if I drill and tap the post to accept the light's threaded bottom will the short post still retain the strength it has if I change it by drilling a 7/16th or 1/2inch hole???

clark
02-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Aquaman,

Sounds like you have a lot planned for that new XLV. Atlanta Marine called me today. My boat is finally here. I am going to pick it up on Friday, Feb. 25. I am going to drop it in at that landing just up from the dealer. That may be the only time I am in Lanier since I live 75 miles from there. Good luck with you projects. Hey, what do you lock your trailer with while hooked to your vehicle and when it is stored. Mine will be under a cover, but in the open. Trying to decide what is the best thing to use. Thought about a wheel lock, the ones like wreckers use when you are parked illegally but they don't tow it. You must call them, they come down, charge you out the whazoo, then take it off. Need some ideas.

Clark,,, remember me

Aquaholic
02-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Hey Clark,

It going to be the slowest nine days of your life till the 25th...Congrats. I bought a two piece lock that is about the size of a zippo lighter. The key twists the two together and I think it works well. I got it at the hitch place in Marietta and paid 10 dollars or so. And yes I will try to post so pics of my improvements.

Aquaholic