PDA

View Full Version : water coming in under rub rail

casmith71
05-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Took the boat out this past weekend and started the day out tubing for the girls. when i take a hard turn water is coming in the boat under the rub rail. There was enough water to shut the radio and amps off for the rest of the day. luckily they dryed out the next day and work fine. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what was done about it. Can i just caulk the gap between the cap and hull? thanks

mmandley
05-04-2011, 07:45 PM
IDK if you can just caulk it but id start out with removing the rub rail and take a look in there. When the meld the top and bottom of the boat together they use a sealant and maybe its just cracked or broken. I would pull the rub rail get some pics and then goto a boat shop and talk to them. See what they think.

If your getting enough water threw there to shut your gear down then its bad and it wuill only get worse with stresses from people and weight in the boat.

bergermaister
05-04-2011, 07:47 PM
That sounds like a lot of water!

I was just looking at mine last night and I noticed I have clear caulk around the whole bow under the bottom side of the rub rail. From about the edge of the windshield clear around the front and back on the other side. You'd never know it was there unless you go looking for it though.

casmith71
05-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Mine only has pieces of caulk. I guess I should redo it.