PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Cover Volume Discount

Sea N' Things
05-03-2011, 05:16 PM
OK guys here is the chance for a group buy on an Evolution custom boat cover. I was just talking to Cory from Evolution and we need at least 4 orders to qualify for a 10% discount. The covers can be for various models but has to be the same colour. Please contact Cory and use the code:moomba group buy

Cory - [email protected] ([email protected])
WebSite - http://www.evolutioncovers.com/Covercrafts.php (http://www.evolutioncovers.com/Covercrafts.php)

ian ashton
05-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Out of curiosity, whats the approximate cost of one of their covers? I've been thinking about buying a full cover for my boat, and am going back and forth between a nice cover, or a WalMart special, lol.

E4NASH
05-03-2011, 05:27 PM
What is the price?

Sea N' Things
05-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Prices are as follows:

6 leged towers $835.00
XLV $835.00 due to lenght
LSV $815.00

So, between $815.00 and $835.00 for a cover less 10% if we can get 4 or more orders. Not to sure on shipping, you will have to ask Cory on that one. My email is [email protected] if I can help with anything else.

E4NASH
05-03-2011, 05:43 PM
I have the factory Moomba cover. What are the benefits over the one I have an the Evolution? I haven't towed with my current cover and not sure if I can or if I will. I assume the evolution is towable?

skiyaker
05-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I have the factory Moomba cover. What are the benefits over the one I have an the Evolution? I haven't towed with my current cover and not sure if I can or if I will. I assume the evolution is towable?

I got my evolution cover with the group buy last year- it's designed to be towable. It has no poles or side straps and a lot of reinforcement at pressure points. It's a lot of money but if you really want to tow with a cover on it's the way to go.

Sea N' Things
05-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Update: Two confirmed orders in black.

FYI, it will take about two weeks to get the covers manufactured so please if you want them for the season, sooner is better than later :)

jmvotto
05-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Out of curiosity, whats the approximate cost of one of their covers? I've been thinking about buying a full cover for my boat, and am going back and forth between a nice cover, or a WalMart special, lol.

Ian, I did the wally special and so far so good. 56 bucks online. but i keep mine under cover at the lake. otherwise i would have a full mooring cover.

rc5695
05-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Sorry guys...I'm doing my best, but it might be about another 4 weeks before I can afford it.... I told the wife to REALLY start pinching the pennies ;)

zabooda
05-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I had a local upholstery place make a similar cover using Top Gun material and it is six years old and looks brand new with the expected life to be 15 years. Cost was $400 back then.

Replicant
05-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I had a local upholstery place make a similar cover using Top Gun material and it is six years old and looks brand new with the expected life to be 15 years. Cost was $400 back then.

Zabooda,
It's me, we met at the launch a couple weeks ago. Any chance you could let me in on the local supplier? I have the cockpit and bow cover but don't like towing with them. Just want a good cover, not too expensive but something that won't go to shreds in our sunlight.

thanks,

E

Sea N' Things
05-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Update:

We have 3 orders atm, just needing one more to get the 10% discount. Everyone has asked for black, so black it is :)

Please email me if ineterested...

[email protected]

rdlangston13
05-05-2011, 10:16 PM
id like one but i cant foot the bill right now

Sea N' Things
05-05-2011, 11:56 PM
It will take 2 to 3 weeks to get it made. I am sure that Cory can hold off on yours and give you a little more time. Maybe make yours last. This way you can still get the discount and prolong the buy, maybe stretching it out to 4 weeks or so.

rdlangston13
05-06-2011, 01:58 PM
no no, im done for this summer.

hang-nail
05-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm in, that makes 4. I will contact Cory on Monday.
Thanks for putting together the group buy!

KSmith
05-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I wish I could get one but can't swing it now. So, for those that do not have Evolution covers but have Non-Factory covers, what do you guys recommend.

A nice cover on a budget. It doesn't have to be towable, but it does need to fit well and keep the weather out. My factory snap ons have leaked like mad even from day one. My cheapo wally world silver parachute thingy cover helps with the rain if the factory covers are under it, but it is becoming a pain to install two sets of covers...

Any suggestions?

Sea N' Things
05-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Thx hang-nail, we are good to go...wahoo!

Lynn Syndrom
05-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Just had a custom cover made for my 2003 Outback at a boat cover manufacturer in Pittsburgh, PA this spring for $550.00. Poles and tie downs included and the material is Aqualon.

tumac covers

rc5695
05-16-2011, 12:13 PM
When does this group buy expire?

I'd also really like to know this... Thanks!

Sea N' Things
05-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Sorry, if your interested please email Cory and I'm sure he will add you to the group buy.

saskyrider
05-19-2011, 11:10 AM
guys i just got my boat out last week and finally got a chance to put on my Evolution cover from cory.... all i can say is "perfection" it fits like a charm is super easy to put on and looks sexy as hell (as much as a cover can look sexy!! lol)

to all who are talking about going a cheaper route... i debated for quite a while but man this cover is the best upgrade i'll ever do to my boat bar none!!!

the moomba coozie is a close second though!

Geoff

Sea N' Things
05-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the post sask :) I can't wait for mine...

bbuhtz
05-20-2011, 09:34 AM
good looking cover saskyrider! if you tow with the cover on does it flap around crazy or is it pretty solid with little movement?

rts65
06-07-2011, 01:41 PM
If anybody is interested in another volume discount I am in for one. We just need 3 others.

rc5695
06-07-2011, 01:42 PM
If anybody is interested in another volume discount I am in for one. We just need 3 others.

I PLAN ON GETTING ONE IN JULY IF YOU CAN WAIT MONTH...

rts65
06-08-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm not in a big hurry. My cover is passable for now but it does need to be replaced. The group deal will save me about $80 off my cover.

rc5695
06-11-2011, 05:59 PM
...My cover is passable for now but it does need to be replaced...

I bet it isnt' as bad as mine... Yes, that is a coathanger in the 2nd pic. I was able tol use zip-ties on the other side since one of the clips was still good...

bbuhtz
01-31-2012, 04:12 PM
Bump.

I'm in need of a new cover (Evolution to be exact). Wondering if there are any other folks needing a cover to possibly get another group buy going. I haven't spoken to Cory on a group buy or anything so I don't know if we could even get a group buy going, I was just wondering how many, if any, are out there that want/need one of these covers. From the last group buy it looks like we would need 4 orders. If there is enough people wanting a cover I might try to contact Cory about a group buy.

eblom
01-31-2012, 04:32 PM
I am interested... Let me know... Thanks!

08 LSV

bbuhtz
01-31-2012, 06:59 PM
I am interested... Let me know... Thanks!

That makes 2 orders... we would just need 2 more if there is still a group buy discount available. Gosh I think Evolution is a few minutes away from me in Seattle, at least their phone number is from Seattle. Might have to look into that.

mmandley
01-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Im actually in the works of ordering a full 1 off custom cover from him now. If you want to get something going id call him and talk to him, mention me when you talk to him. He has a lot of new custom upgrades to the cover you can do.

Im having 2 colors done, plus im getting my boat sponcers embroided to the cover. Its going to be super sweet and like i said a 1 off deal. Once i get it there will be a ton of pics and video of the cover. I am going to become the goto guy for Evolution covers on the Moomba Forum, kinda like with Exile, when people really need something or want to work a deal they can go threw me and i get chit done LOL.

mmandley
01-31-2012, 08:27 PM
That makes 2 orders... we would just need 2 more if there is still a group buy discount available. Gosh I think Evolution is a few minutes away from me in Seattle, at least their phone number is from Seattle. Might have to look into that.

Yea i thought he was in Tucson last year, but recently when i saw his addy it was Washington.

Kidder522
01-31-2012, 09:41 PM
I would love to get an Evolution cover. But when I emailed him, he did not have the pattern for a 2003 Outback DD with a 6 legged tower. Really disappointed because I pull my boat 12 hours to the summer cabin on holidays. I have looked into Exact Fit from Westland, but I know they are not the same as Evolution. If he had the pattern, I would be all in to get one. Can you see if this is something he can get, and produce?

bbuhtz
01-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Great guy, Cory is awesome... I'm going to back out on setting up a volume discount but I encourage anyone interested in these high quality covers to purchase! Will post pics when I get the cover.

mmandley
01-31-2012, 11:38 PM
I would love to get an Evolution cover. But when I emailed him, he did not have the pattern for a 2003 Outback DD with a 6 legged tower. Really disappointed because I pull my boat 12 hours to the summer cabin on holidays. I have looked into Exact Fit from Westland, but I know they are not the same as Evolution. If he had the pattern, I would be all in to get one. Can you see if this is something he can get, and produce?

Does he have a way you can measure it out? I think i recall last year some people having to measure there boats for him as well because he didnt have the patterns. I know he sent me some details on how to measure the platform, as i think hes making me a platform cover as well. Might be worth at least emailing him and seeing what he can come up with.

rc5695
02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Towed my boat to the new house last week, and it towed perfect. Cover didn't flap or move anywhere that I could see...but it was dark, so I could've missed a little movement... :) Money very well spent! Corey's a great guy and easy to work with! Good luck getting the volume discount...

diago01
02-19-2012, 03:21 PM
im interested if yall havent done a group buy yet! I was planning on ordering tomorrow

bbuhtz
04-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Got my cover and bimini back from Cory a few months ago. I haven't been able to put the cover on because the boat is still in the garage and will probably stay there until mid June, but here are pics of the bimini I had Cory make for me. I also had a cover/boot to cover the bimini when towing, I didn't like how my old bimini collected all the bugs on it while towing. The customer service and quality of everything is outstanding.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/extreme360/photo-3.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/extreme360/2-2.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/extreme360/3-1.jpg

Cigars n scotch
04-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Bump because I'm in need of a cover. Wondering if any Supra owners have purchased an evolution cover? I need one I can trailer with and has vents. I checked the website but it doesn't show you much, I'm guessing this isn't a full blown business and maybe on the side?

Cigars n scotch
04-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Well never mind, Cory at evolution doesn't have a template for my boat. Guess I'll be going with skiboatcovers.com