PDA

View Full Version : No Power to Fuel Pumps

joker246
05-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I have a 2002 Moomba Outback. I have power to the gauges and the key switch but the fuel pumps will not come on. I read where the problem may be the oil pressure switch but mine is only a single wire. I have been tracing wires and checking everything I can with a meter but still no luck... Please Help

ScubaD
05-02-2011, 08:01 PM
I have the same issue with a 2001 Outback. I assume your's will turn over but not catch.

I was told, the single wire goes to the oil pressure gauge and then back to the fuel pump. If is registers zero pressure, then it will not start. I am replacing the oil sending unit then hopefully will be back in business.

However, I am far from the expert opinion.

joker246
05-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Mine turns over and everything but no fuel pump will come on. Thank You I will try to replace the oil pressure switch.

zabooda
05-04-2011, 12:54 AM
I would first try putting 12 volts across the terminals and see if the pump runs.

joker246
05-05-2011, 07:50 AM
After some extensive wire tracing and testing I figured out the problem. It was the bottom relay switch which runs the fuel pumps. It had voltage coming in (pink wire) but was not going out (gray wire). I put a jumper across the two and the fuel pumps came right on.

deerfield
05-05-2011, 08:10 AM
After some extensive wire tracing and testing I figured out the problem. It was the bottom relay switch which runs the fuel pumps. It had voltage coming in (pink wire) but was not going out (gray wire). I put a jumper across the two and the fuel pumps came right on.

What's the permanent fix? Replace the fuel pump or rely on the jumper?

kaneboats
05-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Replace the relay?