PDA

View Full Version : Replacing steering cable on 03 LSV?

bnovick003
05-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Does anyone have any good suggestions on replacing the steering cable on a 2003 LSV? Searched some of the exsiting posts, but the links with the pic's do not work?

moombadaze
05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
did that on my 03. remove the floor-tricky part is there are 3 screws going into the floor from under the rear seats-when you have them all out the floor lifts up easily. unbolt the cable from the rudder and then undue from steering wheel, pull cable out from under dash-good idea to tie a small rope to the end to help fish it back thru the hole and under the floor where you can see. then attache everthing back the way it was.-this is the simple explanation

bnovick003
05-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Any advise on getting to the rudder connection?

moombadaze
05-03-2011, 07:14 AM
drop the side panel down/ or remove-cant remember and its easy to reach-maybe one of the easier steps

cfdrews12
05-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Did you find the part number for the LSV Steering Cable Replacement? I've unhooked mine from Rudder (pain to reach but easy) and have loosened the 4 bolts that hold the cable shaft tight in back

If not, I'll call Reflex cables on Monday and find out part number and post. Figure its going to be $280 neighborhood.

I'm going to try and fish it through with Rope pulled out with old cable rather than take up floor. Wish me luck.

moombadaze
05-08-2011, 02:41 PM
If I remember correctly the cable was zip tied to some wiring in a few place-reason to pull the floor up.