PDA

View Full Version : First time out this year

Rodney NL
05-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Hey guys I went out for the first time this year and also first time with my two fatsacs in the back wwwwwwwwwwwwwhat a difference this is like going airborn lol.
I only wonder what rope lenght you ride when you are totally full with ballast.
The pop was the bom but on landing I was off ballance every time.
Maybe I must get ussed to the pop off the wake.
Going out next week and than I make some pictures and please answer over your experiance with full ballast maybe I can learn something for next week.

Chill guys:cool:

sicktc06
05-02-2011, 09:24 AM
I believe I normally pull at 65 feet at 23 mph with full sacks. To make sure you clear the wake and land evenly, you have to make sure your weight is center on the board when you launch off the wake. Jumping the wake is not like your jumping on a trampoline. All you have to do is stand tall (stand UP) when you get to the edge of the wake. With the momentum and line tension, it will launch you on it's own.

But make sure your weight is centered. If you are putting to much weight in the back, the front of the board will go straight up in the air. You can land it yes, but it's not as pretty as your weight centered. If you go nose down off the wake, obviously your gonna eat water, but you put to much weight on the front. It's trial and error, but try the weight techniques and you'll figure it out. :)

I hope he doesn't get mad at me for doing this, but here is an example of to much weight in the rear. Wakeflip and I have been working on this and he's gotten SO much better since this picture was taken!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/229509_221941197820880_100000150034832_1024353_209 3265_n.jpg

Here is a proper weight distribution.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226532_221940234487643_100000150034832_1024346_699 6088_n.jpg

As far as clearing for W2W, you might have to cut hard out, and then cut back in hard for the first few times, getting used to the distance and air. But once you get used to that, it won't be so hard. Once you get it, try throwing in some grabs and stuff with it too. :)

Shred it up bro and let us know how it goes!

Rodney NL
05-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Yes I'm going to try that this weekend for sure I think that is my problem because it felt strange getting the pop now (I didn't had good water also it was very windy so choppy water) I post some pictures after the weekend.
Thanks !

sicktc06
05-13-2011, 10:45 AM
howd it go bro?

Rodney NL
05-15-2011, 08:46 AM
We went out but verry bussy on the water what gave choppy water so we didn't had the good water to try out the full ballast .
This week we didn't went out so the next time is the next weekend so we hope for little rain that keeps the other boats away but if we tried it I will lett you know.;)

jamie_abb
05-19-2011, 10:24 PM
We went out but verry bussy on the water what gave choppy water so we didn't had the good water to try out the full ballast .
This week we didn't went out so the next time is the next weekend so we hope for little rain that keeps the other boats away but if we tried it I will lett you know.;)

I don't know if you've ever snowboarded but holding your edge is like stopping on a snowboard. Keep on your edge, stand tall as you go up the wake and you'll feel the pop!

PS - concentate on a modest speed with no ballast. There are kids on my lake who can back roll of a fishing boat wake. Go slow, don't get hurt and have to sit out a couple of weeks/get gun shy.

Rodney NL
06-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Yes guys it is going the good way getting finaly good air.:D
Now I'm hoping to built it to the next level

jamie_abb
06-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Looking good Rodney...spend some time building up your base of different jumps - high/low - getting used to a big pop which is a big extension and then projecting it out into the flats.

After two years, I am finally consistently getting big air without trying too hard. Landed my first w2w 180 last weekend.

Rodney NL
06-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes Jamie we go out this weekend and I must try to level the board more because it is now most of the time nose up doesn't look good and the ballance is a little off.
I post more pics after the weekend.;)