PDA

View Full Version : World Barefoot Center

jmondl
04-29-2011, 11:29 AM
My 14 year old son & I just returned from a day at World Barefoot Center in Winter Haven, FL. If you have any interest in barefooting, and a few dollars to blow on yourself, go there. WBC is a barefoot school run by world champions Keith St. Onge and David Small, with their coach "Swampy" there as well. Keith spent the morning with us, getting Nick up on his deep water starts for the 1st time ever, and me doing a toe hold and backward barefooting for the 1st time ever. Nick then spent the afternoon with kids his age (Brody and Derek) who are sponsored athletes at WBC. What a day. We would have spent our entire summers working on the basics of those moves, with many painful falls in the process, but instead learned them the right way. Also, many of the budding barefoot contenders train there, so we spent a lot of time hanging with those guys, who were extremely friendly. No egos involved. I am very pumped about barefooting more this summer (of course, I already was before going to Winter Haven). Whether you never barefooted before or already have some basics figured out, they will treat you well and teach you whatever you want to learn. One day of instruction was probably worth many weeks of trying to figure things out on my own. Many fond memories were generated that day.

moombadaze
04-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Cool review.

Whats on top of the tower?

jmondl
04-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Whats on top of the tower?

The Super Fly High tower extension, which adds 7 feet to the tower. They cost $1000, and are all the rage in barefooting and wakeboarding.