PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Moomba Owners

iwaterskihard
04-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Hey all I'm NOT here to create any uprisings! As a Canadian and a Moomba owner I'm just curious to know how many people there are here from Canada? Also curious about where you ski or play?

I'm an Alberta boy who lives south of Edmonton. We spend many hours on Wizard Lake Monday - Friday and usually go camping and boating at different lakes on weekends.

My family (wife & 2 daughters) love the water and my wife drives the boat for me to ski and barefoot! God bless her cuz she will even wake up to pull me at 6 in the morning when we are on holidays! :D

As well I'm new here so as soon as I can get on the water this year pics will soon follow.

Hope to hear from the northern gang?

Canuckle Head
04-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Welcome to the forum eh you hoser! :D

Sea N' Things
04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Well I am not too far from you, just a little south about 35min. My wife and two childreen spend the summer between Sylvan Lake and Vernon, BC.

deafgoose
04-28-2011, 03:45 PM
I am in Ottawa, Ontario and have spent the past 3 seasons on the Ottawa river and wakeboard up the Gatineau river (cleaner water).

This year I decided to change it up. I will be at Hurst Marina all season wakeboarding on the Rideau River. The water is much warmer and 95% of the time its glass!

Ian Brantford
04-28-2011, 03:57 PM
I am also in Ottawa, launching from a lake about 45 minutes from home. I wish that my crew would get up at 6AM!!! We have a great time when conditions are ideal, but I need more enthusiastic people to extract maximum benefit from owning a boat. Maybe I'll get married and produce a new crew sometime.

Canuckle Head
04-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Well I am not too far from you, just a little south about 35min. My wife and two childreen spend the summer between Sylvan Lake and Vernon, BC.

I was born and raised in Vernon. Still make it up there once in a while. Bet you're looking forward to it this summer seeing how you guys just got more snow.......

Sea N' Things
04-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Just got back from Vernon, in-laws live on Swan Lake. Plane on being out there for 3 to 4 10 day visits this summer :)

Canuckle Head
04-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Just got back from Vernon, in-laws live on Swan Lake. Plane on being out there for 3 to 4 10 day visits this summer :)

Do you ride on Swan? I heard they were planning a resort there?!! To tell the truth I have never ever set foot in that Lake. Grew up on Okanagan and Kal so I am spoiled I guess.

freyse
04-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Northern Saskatchewan McPhee Lake to be exact is where we boat , we are 5 minutes from Waskiseu Prince Albert National Park

iwaterskihard
04-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Well Sea N' Things I was raised just south of Vernon in Oyama right between Kal & Wood Lake back when it was truely orchard country. My buddies and I used to ski before going to school in the morning then get back home do our chores and ski until dark. My family still lives out there.

Too busy and commercial for my liking anymore. We go to Pierce Lake in Meadow Lake Provincial Park just across the AB - SASK border. It's so nice and I will go there 20 times before I will even consider going back to the Okanagan. Clean water, cheap camping, 4 hours from home, and oh ya MY CELL PHONE DOESN'T WORK THERE!!!:D So it really is a holiday!

Mikey
04-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Down here in Calgary . Usually do my boating in a couple smaller lakes most haven't heard of. Pine Coullee, Little Bow and Twin Valley.

dru1974
04-28-2011, 09:38 PM
We ski on elkwater lake rattle snake lake and have a cottage at pine lake..... I like all of them. Pine gets really busy.

Sea N' Things
04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Ya, the family really enjoys the Okanagan especially when we are having a spring like we are right now. We go boating on Mara, Kal, Okanagan, Arrow and even Mable. We go anywhere and everwhere for fun and adventure! Sylvan is pretty busy in the summer and you have to condend with first time boat owners that never launched a boat in there life :rolleyes:. I usually end up getting out of the truck and helping them out to make the line up go faster :)

Rgar
04-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Small world. We also do most of skiing/boarding on Wizard Lake also. We live in Edmonton and just got our first Moomba. It's an 03 LSV and we can't wait to get it out there. Gotta wait for the ice to melt I guess....

papou
04-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Born and raised in Ottawa Ontario , now in Gatineau Quebec the boat is 30 min from home in paradise.

T100
04-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Hey Gents! Grow up in Vernon playing on Okanagan and Kal with that guy named Canuklehead! Still playing on Okanagan Lake, we have a family cabin on Westside road, out there every weekend and two to three weeks for summer vacation. I moved away to Edmonton for 10 years, my wife and I moved back to have our family here in the Okanagan. My cabin door is always open and the beer fridge is always full! Plenty of boat parking also!
Cheers

tweeners_08
04-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Also up here in Edmonton We do most of out boating out on kal and woods lake out in Oyama, great place. Around here its usually Wabamun. :)

04-30-2011, 02:07 AM
I was born and raised in Edmonton but moved to Sylvan Lake 7 years ago and have been a boat owner for 7 years and a Moomba boat owner for 3 years now. We ride Sylvan the most because I leave my house, drive to the marina and I can be launched in about 5 minutes on the average weeknight. Weekends we try to go to other lakes and camp.

Kidder522
04-30-2011, 11:07 AM
I am from Red Deer, and since it is the first summer with our new boat, we plan on hitting the lakes around here. Summer, we will travel to our family cottage in Sandy Lake Manitoba.

Grant M
04-30-2011, 07:29 PM
:cool: Greetings fello Moomba Mainiacs
Bought my 06 LSV late last July and got it out to Long Lake twice and Wabumum once before we headed out to Okanagan for two weeks of real summer. :)
Hope to do alot more of the same if the weather ever turns for the better here! I am sooo tired of the cold Bring on some heat!

pasbrittcote
05-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Same as Papou, I am also in Gatineau a few minutes from Ottawa. The region has great lakes and beautiful spots!;)

deafgoose
05-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Same as Papou, I am also in Gatineau a few minutes from Ottawa. The region has great lakes and beautiful spots!;)

Where exactly do you ride?

papou
05-01-2011, 11:26 PM
deafgoose there are plenty of lakes to ride lac St Pierre.Mc Gregor. lac Grand,a little further away lac bluesea, lac St Marie,lac Simon

deafgoose
05-02-2011, 01:57 AM
deafgoose there are plenty of lakes to ride lac St Pierre.Mc Gregor. lac Grand,a little further away lac bluesea, lac St Marie,lac Simon

Sounds like fun.

I don't own a truck so I keep my boat in the water all season.

Sometimes I wish I could discover new places to ride.

davinci
05-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi gang it's great great to be back after a long cold winter here in Montreal, hope you are all doing well. I read a few posts and can see alot of members are already on the water (happy for you...and jealous) Lol !

wolfeman131
05-02-2011, 07:45 AM
davinci - what's the status on your rebuild of the boat?

davinci
05-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi Wolfeman , well imagine an entire winter went by and i didn't get a chance to do anything......88 beers later this is what we accomplished this past weekend.

Ian Brantford
05-02-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't own a truck so I keep my boat in the water all season.

I might be able to help you out there on occasion, but...

Sometimes I wish I could discover new places to ride.

We'd need to have a discussion about protocols for zebra mussel contamination first. :-)

If you want a somewhat wider area near your new location, Mississippi Lake is at Carleton Place (and already has Zebra mussels).

yager97
05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Barrie, Ontario here. Kempenfelt Bay in Barrie during the week, and I have some secret spots up in Honey Harbour near the cottage for the weekends.

myster
05-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Deep River Ont......Upper Ottawa Valley.....beauty eh!! Half way between Ottawa and North Bay on the Ottawa River......It IS PARADISE!!! Quebec shore is all sand and uninhabited. Beaches are maintained by a club out of Deep River called the RRIA ( River Recreation Improvement Association ) There are picnic tables bbq's and outhouses at most of the 12 ( that's right 12 ) beaches over a 15 mile stretch of water. Garbage cans and mt recepticles are provided and the RRIA has, by asking for a $20/yr donation, managed to purchase a pontoon boat and hire a student yearly to collect garbage and mt's and clean the outhouses. One can pitch a tent and stay all summer if it suits. Truly amazing really, and relatively unknown

moombabound
05-29-2011, 12:49 AM
1. A Moomba on Wizard Lake? Thought it was only Malibu's on there. ;-)
(For those from other parts, the local Malibu dealer is just down the road from that lake).

2. How'd a guy get from Oyama to Millet?? That's like...well, I can't even think of an analogy to describe what a contrast that is. That's like going from Oyama to Millet!

Our boating is primarily at Amisk Lake, but have made 3 trips in recent years down to Owl's Nest in Oyama for a week or two on kal. Also did a week at Mable 2 yrs ago.

We're trying to figure out how to spend more time...WAY more time...in the Oyama area. Didn't think anybody actually came the other direction. ;-)

rsinger
05-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Winnipeg. River is 5 minutes away but usually not accessible until mid June due to yearly high water levels. But father in law has house on water front about an hour away. Can't wait to get on to water. Weekends have been bad weather up until now.

loudsubz
05-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Muskoka boy here.

We have a cottage on Whitefish lake near Parry Sound. Go up every weekend, love it.

DOCDRS
05-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Muskoka boy here.

We have a cottage on Whitefish lake near Parry Sound. Go up every weekend, love it.

Very close to ya subz, on muskoka at Bala. Ya ever sky ski?

loudsubz
05-30-2011, 07:15 AM

air chair? if so I have not, but looks pretty cool.

brenpire
05-30-2011, 05:23 PM

DOCDRS, Have you been out on the Sky Ski yet this year? My friends and I just got into it at the end of last year. Maybe you could teach us a few things?

I'm on Go Home Lake. Turn left on Muskoka rd 38 instead of right to Bala.

DOCDRS
05-30-2011, 06:22 PM
DOCDRS, Have you been out on the Sky Ski yet this year? My friends and I just got into it at the end of last year. Maybe you could teach us a few things?

I'll be up this weekend give me a call or email me [email protected]

WaterBullDawg1980
05-30-2011, 08:16 PM
(For those from other parts, the local Malibu dealer is just down the road from that lake).

Not to to get to off topic, but the Wizard Lake name I had to check out. Place looks gorgeous.

They also have some place called Wizard Outfitters. http://www.wizardlakeoutfitting.com/alberta-hunting-pictures.php

I would literally give almost anything to be able to score a buck or bruin up there with my bow. You guys have the best hunting!

Here are some pictures of this so called Wizard Lake. If I hadn't found the pictures, I was gonna call bs. :) Sorry I didn't resize the first one. But I made a judgement call that we all are off dialup speeds now a days and besides it was a nice picture.

http://www.photography-match.com/views/images/gallery/Wizard_Island_Crater_Lake_National_Park_Oregon.jpg

http://www.marcadamus.com/images/large/Wizard-Island-Stormtc.jpg

jamie_abb
06-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Salerno Lake - Haliburton Ontario boy!!!

We're one of 200+ lakes in Hali - our nearest town is Irondale but we're dead center between Bobcaygeon and the town of Haliburton.

Laz
06-01-2011, 03:47 PM

Is there still a course hidden away on Go Home? Heard about it from Drew Ross.

iwaterskihard
06-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Not to to get to off topic, but the Wizard Lake name I had to check out. Place looks gorgeous.

They also have some place called Wizard Outfitters. http://www.wizardlakeoutfitting.com/alberta-hunting-pictures.php

I would literally give almost anything to be able to score a buck or bruin up there with my bow. You guys have the best hunting!

Here are some pictures of this so called Wizard Lake. If I hadn't found the pictures, I was gonna call bs. :) Sorry I didn't resize the first one. But I made a judgement call that we all are off dialup speeds now a days and besides it was a nice picture.

http://www.photography-match.com/views/images/gallery/Wizard_Island_Crater_Lake_National_Park_Oregon.jpg

http://www.marcadamus.com/images/large/Wizard-Island-Stormtc.jpg

Ok Dawg this is a good news bad news senerio LOL. Yes we ski LOTS on Wizard Lake with our Moomba. That's the good news! Bad news is you've found the wrong Wizard Lake even though those pics you posted are beautiful!

The Wizard Lake we ski on is south of Edmonton Alberta. It's a long narrow lake that we only use Monday to Friday in the evenings after work. Made the mistake of going there on a weekend once and it won't happen again!

Yes lots of good hunting up in this neck of the woods. I personally only huny for flat water but lots of my friends are bow hunters. If you want to come up some time I can hook ya up!

Shoulders square to the boat and PULL HARD!!!!!! :D

iwaterskihard
06-01-2011, 06:03 PM

2. How'd a guy get from Oyama to Millet?? That's like...well, I can't even think of an analogy to describe what a contrast that is. That's like going from Oyama to Millet!

Our boating is primarily at Amisk Lake, but have made 3 trips in recent years down to Owl's Nest in Oyama for a week or two on kal. Also did a week at Mable 2 yrs ago.

We're trying to figure out how to spend more time...WAY more time...in the Oyama area. Didn't think anybody actually came the other direction. ;-)

Ok Bound simple explination. Yes there's tons of those other boats out on that lake. My opinion is - too bad they settled on those boats? :D Their loss as I wouldn't want not even one of them!

We don't go back there very much anymore to the Okanagan since we discovered a lake up in Meadow Lake Provincial Park. We will go to this lake 20 times before even considering going back to Oyama? Matter of fact we do! LOL Every summer for a min 10 day holiday and at least 3 to 4 weekend getaways!Water is clean, warm, and we pretty much own the lake! :D Camping is cheap, showers are hot and free, and so is the firewood! :D
The even better thing is I can leave home and have my camper off my truck, camp set up, boat in water, cold beer in my hand, and be skiing in just over 4 hours from my house. Now that beats the 10 hour one way drive out to Oyama! I can send you pics but I won't post them here because they are when we had our old boat and well..............it wasn't a Moomba! PM me if you like?

My friends own Owl's Nest Resort. I'm sure you met Darryl or Dean when you were there? I graduated with Darryl.

saskie99
06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
I have to drive 40 minutes from Melfort Saskatchewan to Kipabiskau Regional Park. My boat is on a lift out there at our cottage. We will head out right after work and go for a ride when it is nice and in the summer I commute from the lake a fair bit.
It is my little bit of heaven! There is got to be 30 water ski boats on the lake now! We have a salom course, jump, slider and all you have to do is be a member of the ski club to use it. I have even registered my 4 month old daughter just in case she wants to hit the slider this summer!

saskyrider
06-27-2011, 12:40 PM
wow 5 pages of thread and only 2 sasky guys on here so far??? Pretty funny considering the amount of lakes we have compared to Alberta and the amount of albertans on here.... lol.

We ride on Long Lake which is more like Long Ocean right now thanks to the flooding going on. It's 15 minutes from home and from work so i can commute from the lake in the summer....

Geoff

Grant M
07-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Happy Canada Day everyone! :D

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=461&pictureid=3843