PDA

View Full Version : Help! 05 Ouback LSV or 05 Mobius LSV?

Witt
02-08-2005, 08:25 PM
I have been reading quite a few posts, and ya'll really seem to know whats going on with Moomba boats....so I was hoping you could help me out.

I have been slalom skiing, wakeboarding, and knee boarding behind a 20ft Sea Ray I/O for about 12 years now. Before too long, I am going to be ready to get an inboard. I know I want a Moomba (best bang for the buck, friend has one, ya da ya da), and I know I want a V-drive. My biggest question is this: what are the main differences between the Ouback LSV and the Mobius LSV? When I configure the 2 boats on Moomba.com, with the options I want, they both come out pretty close to the same MSRP. When I get my Moomba, I am still going to want to slalom, knee board and wakeboard, so I need a boat that will work for all of those. How is the Mobius LSV for slalom skiing? Is the wake plate a must? Just curious what other people think. Thanks in advance for your help.

Witt
Longview, TX

smokedog2
02-08-2005, 11:35 PM
I hate to break this to you but my impression is that half this site comprises folks like me that are waiting for their boat to be delivered. I can ski only whey you use the loosest definition of the term

I’m still trying to figure out if the 6-9 of us that post are rereading everything posted or if there really are 100 or so lurkers out there afraid to step in. Heck nearly 600 views for an opinion on 2 vs 4 wheel drive. You’d think at least one of those guys could say “I’ve been hauling my boat with 2 wheel drive for four years and I haven’t dropped it on the ground once.” But I digress.

The hulls on the two boats are the same, every thing is the same near as I can tell, except the tower as option or standard. I think it is a marketing relic that works just well enough that they do not want to end it, but secretly wish they would to simplify inventory.

Buy now, buy at the boat show and get neat stuff like a 3 year warrantee.

I hear the wake plate will help skiers. Some one someplace said it still had a slight bump but was pretty smooth. They compared it favorably with some brand X boat. Could have been an X45,X1,X2, Xetera.

Good night and Good Shopping. If you run across any of my other posts, you may be interested to learn that my wife’s new car is a red 05 Toyota Highlander.

In 4 wheel drive.

SD2

noneya
02-09-2005, 10:53 AM
They are the same boat with different graphics and different standard options. the wakeplate will help the slalom wake but doesnt do much for the wakeboard wake.

J-Lawv
02-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Get the wakeplate... i dont know what i would do without it... i would prolly hate my boat... ok i prolly wouldnt hate it but i wouldnt like it near as much.

J-Lawv
02-09-2005, 06:05 PM
and it does do alot for the wakeboard wake too!! atleast on the XLV, it will allow u to change the shape of the wake.

greygoose
02-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Whitt

I am trying to sell a friends boat for him. he has the 04 Outback LSV with Rad-Cage Tower, 320 EFI, wakboard racks, AM/FM CD Stereo w/remote, Pop-up cleats, bimini top, hydraulic wake plate, custom cover, and swingaway tongue on the trailer. The boat is a perfect 10. I ride with him and when we wold get through riding we would spend as much time cleaning the boat as we did riding. Asking $32,500.00. This boat is mint. It is Navy Blue and Platinum with a Navy Blue Interior.

Thanks
Greygoose

Witt
02-13-2005, 09:46 AM
thanks for the input guys....i feel like i'll be going with a mobius lsv...unless a deal on the outback just blows me away.

Greygoose,

the picture didn't load for me. Can you email it to [email protected] Plus send me some more info, like where your friend is located, hours on the boat, if his price is firm or negotiable and anything else you can think of. Thanks.