PDA

View Full Version : Outback Throw Seat Cushion

viking
04-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Does anyone have the removable Seat Cushion that can be thrown down on either side of the motor box on the Outback?

What was the cost of that as an option? (I have a call in to a dealer on pricing)
Do you use it much? Or is it more of a nuisance?

I was considering picking one up but haven't totally made my mind up whether I really want one or not?

kaneboats
04-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Are you talking about the "jump seat"?

ian ashton
04-27-2011, 10:35 AM
I really wish I would have ordered it with our boat - it doesn't appear to be an option anymore. I'm sure it would be cheaper / easier to have one made locally, rather than purchase through a dealer. I'd be interested to see the price though, I would love to have one as well.

It also fits in the walk-thru, from my memory of it.

kaneboats
04-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I think it's made to go right behind the walkthrough between driver/observer. Or, it can go behind the driver's seat. I guess you could use it in the port side walkway but that really wouldn't make much sense unless you were set up to surf goofy or something and wanted it out of the way. I think zegm ordered it with his LS.

viking
04-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Are you talking about the "jump seat"?

That's it Kane. I was at a loss for what they called the option.

Got pricing from a dealer at $341.25. WOW!! I'm assuming that isn't including shipping :(
I want one but I don't think I want one that bad?

I'd like to find one that somebody doesn't need/want and get it re-skinned to match.

iwaterskihard
09-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Is there a member on here that has one of these "Jump Seats?" If so would really appreciate seeing some pictures?

wolfeman131
09-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Zegm has one in his LS but I don't recall any great pics of it being posted. He keeps it on his lift in FL, so he might be able to send a pic/post one up. Send him a PM.

pmoomba
09-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Is there a member on here that has one of these "Jump Seats?" If so would really appreciate seeing some pictures?

These aren't from an outback, but good for the general idea:

iwaterskihard
09-27-2011, 12:55 PM
So can one order one of these direct from SC? Is there a part number anyone is aware of?

ian ashton
09-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I just emailed Heidi at Atlanta Marine to ask; I'll post what I find. I would like to buy one too.

iwaterskihard
09-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks Ian I appreciate it! I have seen this option in other tournament boats at boat shows and wondered if I could get one? Then it always slips my mind until it starts to get cold out like it is now here in Canada. I was going to instal a wind stopper like I have seen on the board with a removable piece of plexi glass or something? Then thought why not an extra seat? This way I can pull the back seat to leave more walking space, still have the extra seat, and have less wind blowing through the front at 35 mph!

ian ashton
09-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Looks like they are ball parking the cost at ~$340, with ~6 weeks delivery time. To order and give exact pricing they need Hull ID. I think I'm going to order one this winter; no rush now, with shorter days and cold water :(

iwaterskihard
09-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Ouch! Lil steep for just a small seat? Oh well I might just have to do the same. Wonder if they will make each one to match the upholstry of ones boat?

Thanks for the help Ian - appreciate it!

wolfeman131
09-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Yes, hull id number is to color match. But, maybe talk Atlanta Marine into $300 per seat if you all agree to a single color?

viking
09-29-2011, 11:25 PM
See post #5 for exact cost. I checked in April. That was to match my 2007 vinyl red/white

ian ashton
09-30-2011, 05:41 AM
See post #5 for exact cost. I checked in April. That was to match my 2007 vinyl red/white

I don't know how I missed your post!