PDA

View Full Version : Another season has arrived

jimmobius
04-26-2011, 10:30 AM
I thought I would post up since haven't posted in a while . The Moomba is still hibernating, weather here hasn't cooperated. Lake opens next week and I don't think I will " summerize" the boat just yet. No other boating news here in Colorado, seems like the " mussel inspection" issue is here to stay . I don't think the all lake's management here will all get on the same page on the inspections to make our lives more enjoyable at the lake.
Looks like another full summer , Montana and Lake Powell houseboat trip for highlights.
I have met some great people here that enjoy coming out with me to the lake , on craigslist and wakeworld. Working on getting the boat paid for so the fuel cost doesn't seem so harsh.
I would like to meet up with some fellow Moomba members sometime this summer .
Jim

viking
04-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Jim,
Good to hear from you. You must have been hibernating with the moomba?
Let me know when you are going to be up in Western MT as we have a couple trips planned up in that neck of the woods. Who knows, maybe the weekends may line up?

jimmobius
04-26-2011, 11:08 PM
We start our Montana trip Aug. 13 and will be up there till Sept . 1 or so. I would like to stop at Bighorn lake this trip since it has been a while since we were there . I will post up as the months go by. I have been busy building another drag racing car this winter and it has taken up most of my time. I do live on the computer in the evenings not a big tv watcher anymore .
Jim

viking
04-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Sounds good!
Do you race out at Bandimere? I was considering driving down to the Mile High NHRA nationals in July. Not sure yet if I'll make the trip. Have some buddies going down that weekend to it.

jimmobius
04-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Yes Bandimere, just bracket racing and test and tune. Sport compact. Mile high nationals is quite the event. Lots of people , it is pricey to go watch. I don't know if I will be in town or not. Haven't looked at the calendar yet . Keep in touch over the next few weeks and maybe we can hookup .
Jim