PDA

View Full Version : Indmar Assault 320 EFI VS 330 MPI

cboyd1
02-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Can any describe to me the differences between the 320 and 330 Indmar motor's available. What is the difference between EFI and MPI? Thanks.

-Charlie

clark
02-08-2005, 05:02 PM
New for 2005 are 325 and 340. Both are true Multi-Port Injection, where the previous 320 is a TBI (Throttle Body Injection). My understanding is the MPI is a little more effiecient. Speaking with my car mechanic, he says I will notice the difference. The way to find out exactly what you want to know is to go the the Indmar website, and send them the question. THere is a guy named Larry there that has answered several questions for me and gets back promptly. I wanted to know from the people that builds and designs them what is the best and why.

What are you looking at buying, because like I said, if you are buying a 2005 you only have 3 choices,,,,, 310 HP carburator, 325 HP MPI, 340 HP MPI.

Gook Luck.

Clark

Buttafewcoe
02-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Some of these posts I read tickle the heck out of me......here's why........
New boats are cool, but they will ALL eventually need worked on. I specifically went with a carb because if and when it comes time to work on it, I don't have to pay the dealer to fix it. If i don't like the carb I got, I can adjust it or I can replace it with another one. With the electronic ignitions on the boats now-a-days, carburetors are nowhere the problem potential they used to be. Heck, the occasional can of fuel treatment or carb cleaner ran through the fuel system (just like your 'regular' maintainence stuff) usually keeps carbs in tip-top shape.
EfI's ARE the superior system, I'm not saying they're not. But, as I said, I don't have to pay someone to fix mine. carb kits are cheap, and i don't mind working on them.
Jim
North Carolina