PDA

View Full Version : Help Adding ballast to 2011 LSV

Hawkdriver
04-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, I just want to verify that the 750 Fat Sac's will plug and play into the 2011 Gravity ballast system without new hose or connectors.

Also, do I NEED more weight in the bow to make a good surf wake after adding the 750, or will it be OK with just the center 400lb bag. Thanks in advance for any input or advice.

04OUTBACK
04-25-2011, 06:34 PM
most/if not all new sacs wont come with fittings.
as ED referred you, you'll need to buy the quick disconnect fittings for it.
I have old ballast system, so with your new set up, i assume you only connect at one point instead of fill/empty?
dont try to remove old fittings and reuse.. its a pain, plus its not much $ to buy extra's for new sac so you can switch back/forth..

as far as surf, you'll be ok with 400 in front.. i find if you put more you get a longer wave..
maybe people!

IF you want to run a pair fo 750s in the rear for wakeboarding, you'll need more than 400 in front. matter of fact, the LSV does better with 400's in rear and more up front for wakeboarding..

kaneboats
04-26-2011, 08:41 AM
I run the 750 on the surf side and just the stock 400 up front. Then usually have about 7 in the boat, mostly kids but sitting on the surf side and a few up front. Throws a pretty nice surf wake. About 10 to 10.5 mph and wakeplate all the way up.