PDA

View Full Version : Factory moomba stereo

hyperlite26
02-07-2005, 06:47 PM
The factory stereo was stolen out of my moomba and all i really know is that it was a kenwood deck. The wired remote is still in place so i was needing to find out which model i need that will work with the factory kenwood deck and wired remote. Also any recomendations on 6.5 marine speakers. i have alpine all the way around now and was looking to upgrade.

clark
02-07-2005, 08:43 PM
How does that stock stereo sound including the 6 standard speakers? I pick up my new boat in 3 weeks.

Clark

smokedog2
02-07-2005, 10:25 PM
This was posted under sales & info by Budafuco (whatever)

sd,
As you know, I had problems with the factory radio. I went on ebay and found the direct replacement for the stock Kenwood KDC-225MR (the 'MR' is supposed to stand for 'Marine Radio' what a frikin joke, it got damp and fried the p.s.) because I have that remote station by the dash and i wanted to continue using it, so, i went with Kenwood's KDC-MP225 (a $300 unit, on ebay for $118).
It basically has the same spec's as the 225MR, but is Mp3 compatible.

As far as juice usage goes, the louder you play it, the more the batt discharges (i have a knack for the obvious, don't I?). I put an amp in mine just for good clarity at boarding speeds. And partied at the sand bar for 6-8 hours straight without concern.

I know about the fish food thing, I lost 2 cell phones last year, alone.

Jim
Hickory, North Carolina

Buttafewcoe
02-08-2005, 06:29 AM
Er....that's 'Buttafewcoe'......I'm post to get me radio today or tomorrow, but will still be a couple weeks before i install it. Wouldn't want it to get wet now, would I?.......Doesn't old boy got insurance to replace the stolen one?
He can try West Marine (they had one in Charlotte, NC for $230) or Boater's World if he has one of those in his area). The Marina where I bought my Moomba wanted $280. If the insurance will pay, he might try one of those

Will Watters
02-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Anyone know if the 05 factory installed CD player has an aux input for a MP3 player??

Buttafewcoe
02-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Not sure...........there are 2 RCA jacks in the back of it for an external CD changer........I don't see why you couldn't plug a Mp3 player into it

Will Watters
02-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Great, thanks for the reply. I was hoping something like that was available. I can get a headphone jack to RCA plug adapter and should be good to go. 1500 songs on my small Zen Nomad and plenty of space to add more. Will make CDs obsolete!!