PDA

View Full Version : another heater install question

mrskidoo
04-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Hello again!

I would first like to thank everyone for all the great information on teh site and everyones input.

I only have the engine connections left on my heater install and ran into a snag. I have 2010 xlv with 340hp motor. The problem is where the heater hook up outlet on the top of the block theres not enough room to put a 90 degree fitting in there. Its run next to a solid block coming up from top of manifold. There is probably only a 1/4 to 1/2" of room between end of threaded hole and where this block is. Has anyone had this issue and what have you done. Thanks for any input

lsvboombox
04-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Hello again!

I would first like to thank everyone for all the great information on teh site and everyones input.

I only have the engine connections left on my heater install and ran into a snag. I have 2010 xlv with 340hp motor. The problem is where the heater hook up outlet on the top of the block theres not enough room to put a 90 degree fitting in there. Its run next to a solid block coming up from top of manifold. There is probably only a 1/4 to 1/2" of room between end of threaded hole and where this block is. Has anyone had this issue and what have you done. Thanks for any input

did you take a look at the mastercraft valves heatercraft sells? you need a reducer bushing but they may do the trick. they are a 90 degree fitting but much taller and should clear the block...

lsvboombox
04-25-2011, 08:11 AM
http://www.heatercraft.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=H412

when you use the reducer bushing it raises the fitting higher

also i believe home depot or lowes sells brass extenders to raise the fitting up

mrskidoo
04-25-2011, 08:16 AM
lsv thanks for the reply.

That still wont work the problem is I wont be able to screw that in. The barb will hit when i try and screw the threaded portion in. On the 340 motor the threaded portion is very close to a solid block coming up on the manifold. i'm assuming the fuel injection system.

i may need to call dealer and see what they do

cab13367
04-25-2011, 09:40 AM
lsv thanks for the reply.

That still wont work the problem is I wont be able to screw that in. The barb will hit when i try and screw the threaded portion in. On the 340 motor the threaded portion is very close to a solid block coming up on the manifold. i'm assuming the fuel injection system.

i may need to call dealer and see what they do

Could you post a pic please?