PDA

View Full Version : I Need Skiing and Wakeboarding boat

pszuba
02-24-2003, 05:32 PM
I am looking for a skiing and wakeboarding boat. I live on a private lake that will not allow a boat bigger than 21 ft. I would also like to fit lots of people on it to party so I need good storage for all the equipment and beer. What is out there for under $30,000?

Retirement Fund
02-24-2003, 11:08 PM
That depends...are you looking for a new or used boat?

SpdRacr50
02-24-2003, 11:45 PM
It's hard to have the best of both worlds, but here is my 2 cents. I looked and looked myself and ended up going with a direct drive boat. Definitely the V-Drive of the Mobius V or LSV will give you more room and a better wake. But they are kinda pricey. My choice was an Outback LS, which has now been upgraded to look like a Mobius. The tower will be good for wakeboarding, but the wake is still tournament quality for skiing and slalom. So you have to decide what you will be doing more of. The Mobius and Outback LS are 20'8", well within the 21 ft limit. With enough weight in the boat, you can get a large enough wake for an interediate wakeboarder. Hope this info helps, let em know if you need anything else.

moombamania
02-25-2003, 10:20 AM
Another 2 cents. Back in 2000 my wife and I where looking for the same setup. The v-drives are an excellent choice for boarding but the wake/ramp are to strong for slalom. We wake much more than ski but as you we wanted both. We went with the Outback L/S and had our dealer add a cage and ballast system. What a dream setup. With friends the wake for boarding is only limited by my lack of tallent, and when it's just Marti and I, we add a fat sac to take care of weight loss. The slalom wake is great especially in the 32+ range. No spray and very little bounce through the rooster. Ahhh to be rich and own a Launch and a Comp. The Outback is the best 2 event offering in our opinon and $$$ are so much better than the nauty's and mastercard's out there.

EUSTACE
02-25-2003, 11:42 AM
Moombamainia, just out of curiosity how much and where did you put the additional ballast on your LS.

Thanks, E

BLKOUTLS
02-25-2003, 01:50 PM
And anoth .02 cents.I've have my ls since 2002 with over a 150 hrs on it ,we rode from march-november and its been great.I did the same thing with tower,wakeplate,heater,depth
gauge.4blade ss and everything else I could slip by the boss(wife).The only thing I didnt do is the ballast. I use about 1100lbs pounds ski locker/rear seat combo.More than enough
for us old rookies. The ski wake is great at 22-28 my buddy likes the 32 off I'm still a rookie i like 22.Its been great to hang out on with friends and the kids and their friends.I have also add'd a supra rail to the platform and quite a few new goodies this fall and winter. Its a great boat for family and friends you cant go wrong.

SpdRacr50
02-25-2003, 09:07 PM
I use the factory ballast system (1 400lb in ski locker, 1 400 lb bag in rear seat) and then add 1 400lb bag on each side of engine and 1 on top of the front ski locker. This along with a few people in the boat creates a much beter wake than regular, just some more ideas.

moombamania
02-26-2003, 02:25 PM
EUSTACE

We have the factory 400 in the trunk and 500+ behind engine.

Am going to throw this out and will probably post to subject "Windshield Spread", my question is this.

Sounds like many people are experiencing this hull flex window fall through. How many of these are also loading with a fat on each side of the engine and bow. I have now had this issues yet (hope i never do) but am courious if we might be helping the issue with our lust for the big ramp.

02-27-2003, 06:16 PM
I had the boat come from the factory w/ the windshield spread so mine was not caused by ballast. But I do run 4 350# sacks in my Outback (2 beside engine, 1 in back 1 in front)