PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Prep

snyderaaron
04-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Did anyone have an agreement on their dealership putting in a full tank of gas when they bought their boat. I swear my dealer told me this and now he is saying they only do 25 gallons, which leaves me 14 gallons short. With gas prices going where there are these days, anything helps.

viking
04-21-2011, 06:36 PM
maybe they changed their mind BECAUSE of today's gas prices :evil:

ian ashton
04-21-2011, 06:48 PM
We didn't get gas with our boat.

I know that Chrysler cars have 'Additional __ gallons of gas' now listed on window sticker. I think thats funny.

Sea N' Things
04-21-2011, 06:51 PM
I am hoping to get a full tank although it was not part of the deal "cross fingers" :)

jpetty3023
04-21-2011, 11:22 PM
I towed my boat home Monday and they only put 20 gallons in as well. On top of the 1/2 tank gas they didn't give me any tow straps for the transom. Not feeling the love I tell ya!!

Sea N' Things
04-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Transom straps are an option...:)

kaneboats
04-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I didn't get any gas but I had to tow 4 hrs home so I didn't really care.

sandm
04-22-2011, 11:36 AM
I didn't get a full tank, but I had 400 miles to tow, so I didn't care. it didn't come with tow straps. the dealer told me that it was required to tow out of washington. I looked at him and told him I didn't have any. neither one of us spoke for about a minute. he finally caved and said they would give them to me.

I know that margins are slim, but a tank of gas or some $20 tow straps?

04-22-2011, 12:59 PM
On a $40,000-$55,000 boat I expect straps and some gas. Seriously, how cheap are these dealers? My boat came with both ( i actually watched the guy go fill up the boat), but to be honest when I spend $50k I expect it. I might not demand it but I definiltey would make a comment to the salesperson or manager that this type of cheapness doesn't please or earn customers.

E4NASH
04-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I got gas with my boat...FULL tank. My dealer ROCKS! No towstraps though...Wal-mart!

KSmith
04-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I got a full tank AND transom straps.

Not with the Moomba, but when I bought my 13K Bayliner...

Atlanta Marine forgot to give me guide pole covers... twice... Once when I took delivery, and the second time after the first service when Heidi asked if I'd gotten guide pole covers... nope I said... we'll get you a set she said... and I towed it home the second time still guide pole coverless...

Said to self, they had two chances to get free advertizing, now I will just order the Moomba set and be done with it, and so it was...

dru1974
04-22-2011, 06:14 PM
My boat was completely detailed and a full tank and I think .4 hrs lol 56000 better get u a full tank. Just like when u buy a new vehicle. Every vehicle I bought came full.

cowboyl
04-22-2011, 07:39 PM
my boat was full of gas, had straps, and fully detailed plus a couple extras ....very very happy.

on a side note, both my silverado and tahoe both came with 1/2 tank. the sales manager says i beat him up to bad on the price.....and i did :-D so i was good putting an extra 40 bux in both to save thousands.

ptcbtchr
04-23-2011, 10:44 AM
My dealer delivered my boat to me as my tow vehicle was in Florida with my wife and daughter on spring break. My boat came with a full tank of gas, 2 fenders that matched my boat, ropes for them as well as 2 other tie up ropes, a cover supporting system as well as poles for cover, a new throwable pfd, and a bag of 4 generic life preservers. They gentleman delivering it said their policy is new boat, new stuff. I was completely blown away by these little touches that I never expected. Granted I paid for those things in buying the boat but I would and have recommended these guys to several friends. Also they took my trailer to where it is stored for the summer for me as well and brought me back to my house!! Great job Southtown Watersports!!

Mark
ps I already had tie downs of my own and they pulled the boat a little over 30 miles to get to my ramp in my neighborhood.

mmandley
04-23-2011, 11:01 AM
I swore my dealer told me the same about a full tank of fuel.

I got mine with 1/4 in it.

I didnt complain after i got 15K off my new boat price. I paid under 40K out the door with .2 hours on her. Up untill they did the final water test i still had plastic on the trailer and the boat hull. I even got pics and told them i wanted to see it removed and if anyone water tested my boat while my deal was made i was walking away lol.

I did get a full detail, transom straps, guide pole covers.

All my vechicles i bought always came full of fuel.

Claudias i had to tell them to fill it or we wernt taking it home
Truck they filled it because i gave them my F150 full

usaski1
04-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I got straps and a full tank. Souh Austin Marine was great.