PDA

View Full Version : questions re; installing Perfect Pass-2003 Mobius

husky fan
02-06-2005, 01:03 PM
i just bought a used 2003 Moomba Mobius from a dealer. I have not picked the boat up yet, but had him add a Wakeboard Pro Perfect Pass to the cost.

I read Perfect Pass's install manual and it seems relatively basic. My only concern was drilling a hole into the hull, below the water line, for the paddle wheel pickup.

i asked the dealer whether I could just use the pick up from the standard speedos, rather than cutting another hole in the hull. He was not sure.

They'll charge 350 bucks for install. Obviously if I do it myself I'll save that money. I have all winter to get it done, so it is something i want to tackle, but I would rather not drill the hole to mount the paddle wheel.

Anyone know if i can install it using the factory pick ups?

Thanks.

seanpatsdad
02-06-2005, 09:50 PM
I have a 04 Mobius LSV with the Perfect Pass.Only have 1 paddle Wheel.It was installed by the dealer.It is a Perfect Pass paddle wheel because of the temp pickup.So yes I would say it is a direct replacement of the wheels.No drilling to do.Perfect Pass is the best thing invented.Just ask my wife.
John

lowdrag
02-08-2005, 01:49 PM
I have an '03 Mobius as well and looked into this. Yes, you can use the factory paddlewheel to run PP. Definitely do the install yourself.