PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Sinclair Jam in Milledgeville, GA

wolfeman131
04-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Since it's starting to warm up here in the ATL, I figure it's time to get the official date posted for our 3rd Annual Sinclair Jam. It's scheduled for Sunday, July 10th on beautiful Lake Sinclair in Milledgeville, GA.

This is a non-SC sponsored event, but we will have all the things needed to have a great time: a great lake, lots of bugers & dogs, cold beer and plenty of Moomba boats.

Following are a few details about Lake Sinclair for anyone that wants to join us:

located in Milledgeville, GA - 15,000+ acres of water and 417 miles of shoreline. often cited as "the cleanest lake in GA"

http://www.georgiapower.com/lakes/Sinclair.asp

Hotels are located on the West side of the lake close to GA Power public boat ramps which require a nominal daily fee. There are some rental homes available also. Check out vrbo.com.

There are a few islands on the lake that people do primitive camping on. These islands offer some great spots to hang out and enjoy the lake. They are located close to the Sinclair Dam & Baldwin County Airport (for those looking on a map)

If you're out looking for us, we live in the Island Creek area of Lake Sinclair. We'll plan to be down by the Sinclair Dam around 10:00 am and go from there. Around 2:00 pm, I'll get my grill fired up and we can get together for some fun & fellowship.

Check out some of the comments and pics from previous events. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=11807&highlight=sinclair
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=8294&highlight=sinclair

Feel free to send me a PM with any questions.

E4NASH
04-21-2011, 04:19 PM
I'll be on Sinclair the weekend before for the fourth. Hate I'll miss this...sounds like a blast!

wolfeman131
04-21-2011, 04:41 PM
are these primitive islands under the flight path of the airport?

Are you subject to Bubba Joe and the Klan showing up at 7:30 PM and staying the night on the island with you?

yes & yes

however, the airpost is a small one and mostly handles single engine prop planes and daytime flying and the islands are large enough that if a Bubba Joe shows up, you can find another peacuful area all to yourself.

wolfeman131
04-21-2011, 04:43 PM
I'll be on Sinclair the weekend before for the fourth. Hate I'll miss this...sounds like a blast!

Let me know where you're going to be and we'll try and hook up anyway. I want to see your boat in person!

OR

change plans :p

E4NASH
04-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Let me know where you're going to be and we'll try and hook up anyway. I want to see your boat in person!

OR

change plans :p

Sounds like a plan...the meeting up part. The changing plans...no can do...trip already locked in. :D

kaneboats
04-21-2011, 05:02 PM
We will be there en masse! Third year in a row. Can't wait!

moombadaze
04-26-2011, 07:31 AM
not sure how I missed this thread but we will be there.

Ed, you should really make it up-i think you would love the Island camping. Lots of room on the islands that you wont have any one close to you.

moombadaze
04-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Ed, I sure dont remember seeing anyone camping during the week--weekend yes, but midweek no-sunday night I bet its empty. You really should make the trip-its worth it. T would really like it up there as its like Lanier but better--personal opinion ya know

kaneboats
04-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Come on up! It's gonna be a good time.

moombadaze
04-26-2011, 12:12 PM
I really hate driving more than 3 or 4 hours from home.

Ed, we really need to get you out and about with that boat-trust me -and I know you know-theres lots more water than your lake to see and surf in. T would love it and so would you!

kaneboats
04-26-2011, 12:25 PM
You sit around you're just going to get old. You get a new truck yet?

moombadaze
04-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Think the last thing we all want to do when were old and no longer boating is to think back about the trips that we skipped. I try my best to make it to most events except the inlaw reunions :D

oh-that drive--going up is a short trip-one stop for gas and two for pee. now that trip home is a long ass drive that about the only thing I look forwards to is crawling into my own bed and passing out completely wore out from a great trip.

Suprahunter
04-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Is this a Moomba only event or is my Supra OK too?:confused:

moombadaze
04-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh yes, Supra's are welcome

wolfeman131
04-26-2011, 10:58 PM
heck, Mike you can even bring the Nauti if you like :)

Ed, you're overthinking the camping. The islands are large and will probably be empty after the July 4th weekend. There is also plenty of undeveloped shoreline, woods across the road from my house and my neighbor's yards. You can't camp in my yard due to the potential of the "pooping in a hole" you keep talking about.

moombadaze
04-27-2011, 07:17 AM
I forgot about those empty fields next to Drews-you'd most likely wake up with a deer sleeping next to ya

Suprahunter
04-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Thanks Drew The Supra will be out and ready by then. I wouldn't want to stick out with a off brand of boat . Best to let Sups and Mooms stick together. Are there any campgrounds in the area preferably with lake access?

KSmith
04-27-2011, 07:40 AM
AGH! It sounds like a great time. I'll be out of state during that time dagnabbit...

The wife and I will be on our annual pilgrimage to visit relatives.
We schedule it around when her brothers are also out visiting so we can escape from her parents when they are distracted by her brothers :-)
It is sort of an informal rotation, one family gets sacrificed while the others escape for awhile, but eventually our turn comes up and we must endure...

Oh well, we will get to spend some time in Yellowstone so it's not all bad ;-)

I'll have to make sure next year we keep July open.

kaneboats
04-27-2011, 10:48 AM
pilgrimage to visit relatives . . . schedule it around when her brothers are also out visiting so we can escape from her parents when they are distracted by her brothers :-) . . . sort of an informal rotation, one family gets sacrificed while the others escape for awhile, but eventually our turn comes up and we must endure...

This is hilarious. It's exactly what we do when my Dad is around. He loves to talk and the more he drinks the more he talks. And, he's an expert on everything. So we take turns listening and yawning for 20-30 min at a time then rotate out. He just keeps on going on and on and on and on and on . . .

wolfeman131
04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Mike,

Campgrounds are tough as I don't think they are real close to us and/or have ramps. Local hotels on the West side of the lake are close to public ramps and town of Milledgeville, but better for hanging out with all of us are the condos at Lake Sinclair Villages. Older, but mostly remodeled and in good shape with a ramp on site, assigned slip, etc. for same, or less, than a hotel room. Here is an example:

http://www.vrbo.com/313194

wolfeman131
04-27-2011, 10:32 PM
change "potential" to "significant probability"

You must've been using that ESP mumbo jumbo and picked up on the vibes I was having today of putting you & Todd on the small island just across from my cove with a case of beer & 3 waterproof matches. Kinda a "Survivor Sinclair" thing. The rest of us could watch the action from my dock and when we go a-surfin' by. :p

E4NASH
05-03-2011, 05:16 PM

Correction....I will be on Lanier...NOT Sinclair!

moombadaze
05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Were just about 45 days away :D and wondering who all is going to make it

rc5695
05-25-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm glad you bumped this to the top! Y'all are about 3.5 hours S of us, so i'll talk to the wife and see what she thinks about driving down for the day. Sounds like fun to me!!!

moombadaze
05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
3.5hrs is a long oneway for a day trip and it should be worth it but, you may want to come down saturday and stay the night and go home sunday afterwards. Be a lot less tireing

jmb
05-25-2011, 08:25 PM
I just pulled the trigger and made a reservation at the Fairfield Inn in Milledgeville. I will be there on the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th. I will be bringing the boat with us so I am looking forward to this. I look forward to meeting everyone that will be there.

Jack

rc5695
05-26-2011, 12:08 PM
3.5hrs is a long oneway for a day trip and it should be worth it but, you may want to come down saturday and stay the night and go home sunday afterwards. Be a lot less tireing

I'd like to, but can't afford that. 2 hotel rooms and a bunch of foor for 9 people adds up quick. MUCH cheaper to just come down for the day. I don't much mind driving anyways.

Talked to my better half, and she sounded pretty positive about it, so it looks like we'll be there, weather permitting.

Is it Bring Your Own Burger or do you get a headcount a couple days before and everyone chip in? Pardon my ignorance, never been to one of these...

wolfeman131
05-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Is it Bring Your Own Burger or do you get a headcount a couple days before and everyone chip in? Pardon my ignorance, never been to one of these...

We normally have enough food to feed a small army.

Wait, you actually have a small army, don't you? :p

Feel free to bring what you'd like - burgers, dogs, buns, drinks are all good.

rc5695
05-27-2011, 07:25 AM
We normally have enough food to feed a small army.

Wait, you actually have a small army, don't you? :p

Feel free to bring what you'd like - burgers, dogs, buns, drinks are all good.

Yeah I do :cool:

Sounds good!

moombadaze
05-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Jack, check the link on the 1st posting that Drew posted to find a ramp close to you, as by boat from one side of the lake to the other is a short 10 minutes, but by car can be a hour drive.

kaneboats
05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Yup, that's good advice. Park at a ramp on the near side. Good thinking. This thing keeps getting bigger. Time to start looking for some sponsors.

moombadaze
05-27-2011, 09:30 AM
We may even have a someone flying in from out of state if it works for him. This could be the year the minijam becomes a maxijam :D

moombadaze
05-27-2011, 12:38 PM
[quote=Ed G;140135
Stacy learned the ropes when he was putting on the Tampa Jamboree![/quote]

yep and I learned I really dont enjoy that type of stuff

WaterBullDawg1980
05-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Alright Drew, if you can round up some Wise, I'd like to put a request for those Jalapeņo New York Deli flavored chips. YUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!

moombadaze
05-27-2011, 03:19 PM
just felt like I didnt have the ability like I wanted to get sponsors

kaneboats
05-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Alright Drew, if you can round up some Wise, I'd like to put a request for those Jalapeņo New York Deli flavored chips. YUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!

Keep your grubby dawg paws away from MY chips. Those are the only "NEW YORK" thing I have ever loved.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Keep your grubby dawg paws away from MY chips. Those are the only "NEW YORK" thing I have ever loved.

LOL. I'm serious, those suckers are GOOOOD.

We'll store those and the cheese doodles on your boat and I'll send the girls over to snack whenever they are hungry. ;)

moombadaze
05-27-2011, 05:45 PM
might be a 3 way fight for those chips

11 Outback V
05-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Good you guys fight over those and I will just take the chedder popcorn!!!8-):D8-)

moombadaze
05-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Good you guys fight over those and I will just take the chedder popcorn!!!8-):D8-)

Todd, you makin the trip up? would be great if you do.

11 Outback V
05-27-2011, 08:33 PM
As it stands now we will be there. I dont know from when to when but we will be there for at least the weekend.
Trying to plan several trips, one out to the wakesurf finals in parker, now just have to figure how to get the boat out there, thinking of shipping it via train??

moombadaze
05-28-2011, 07:22 AM
Parker? in Arizona? That would be a trip. Not sure I would ship your boat, just a bad feeling all the hardwork you put into it would end up in someone elses car-errrr

Glad to hear your making it up to Sinclair

moombadaze
05-28-2011, 08:13 PM
jmb, wondering if the email worked and helped

jmb
05-29-2011, 06:16 PM
I got an email from Stacy. I see where Drews place is and where my hotel is. Shouldn't be a probelm. Will print it out. Is there any place on the lake to eat? They don't allow restaurants on our lake here. Wondering if it is different there? I don't exactly know what to bring. I figured we would buy whatever we needed when we get there.

Jack

moombadaze
05-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Jack, looks like theres a couple restaurants on the lake, but only one kinda close from what I can see on the map

wolfeman131
05-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Yep, there are a few and one is a favorite spot for our family. I'll get you all the details.

The town of Milledgeville has all the fast food joints, plus some good local places right by your hotel and there is a nice, historic downtown area as the town was actually the first State Capitol. The Georgia College & State University is also in Milledgeville. Just be careful if Ben Roethlisberger is in town!

kaneboats
05-31-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't think he's assaulted anyone yet this year.

jmb
05-31-2011, 09:55 PM
I put in my vacation request today so everything shoud be a go for me. I will have to leave Wednesday though. Looking forward to this. I spent this afternoon with operation Clean Sweep and it looks like FEMA will clean my place for me. That will help. I was quoted $6500.00 dollars to have it done. Still having to screw around with all this. Gets old.

kaneboats
06-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Holy crap! Only 32 days till the Sinclair Jam! Time to start making lists, checking tires and brakes, etc. I'm fired up for this one.

moombadaze
06-08-2011, 01:25 PM
yep same here, going to be a long 32 days.

woodscrew10
06-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Hey Everybody, the wife and I will be there for the party. We will be coming down early Sunday morning.

My question is, if we stay Sunday night at a hotel, where do we need to stay so the boat and everything will be secure?

Coming from the Atl area, where do we need to put in at, and then where to meet everyone?

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing everyone.....

kaneboats
06-13-2011, 12:02 PM
It occurred to me that there could be a whole bunch of boats trying to tie up at or near your dock for burgers and dogs, etc. Everybody should bring at least one pair of hoppity hops. For those of you who never "raft up" these work great because a normal fender will still let board racks bang into each other. The hoppity hops keep the boats a little further apart and work great for rafting up. Here's a site that has them pretty cheap and has 3.95 shipping for your whole order:

http://www.jumpingballs.com/categories/Balls/Jumping-Balls/Sit-and-Bounce-for-Ages-10-to-12/

jmb
06-15-2011, 09:57 PM
I just ordered a spare tire and mount for the trailer for the trip over. I don't want to get a flat and be stranded. Looking forward to the Jam. I will be calling Drew soon for more info.

KG's Supra24
06-16-2011, 01:57 PM
It occurred to me that there could be a whole bunch of boats trying to tie up at or near your dock for burgers and dogs, etc. Everybody should bring at least one pair of hoppity hops. For those of you who never "raft up" these work great because a normal fender will still let board racks bang into each other. The hoppity hops keep the boats a little further apart and work great for rafting up. Here's a site that has them pretty cheap and has 3.95 shipping for your whole order:

http://www.jumpingballs.com/categories/Balls/Jumping-Balls/Sit-and-Bounce-for-Ages-10-to-12/

What size would you recommend?

kaneboats
06-16-2011, 03:00 PM
What size would you recommend?

I just ordered 2 of the 22" ones. They seemed to be pretty big but still a decent deal. The idea is to keep the boats far enough apart so the boards and racks don't bump.

They came today and look like this:

KG's Supra24
06-16-2011, 03:07 PM
those seem huge!!! right?

Are you trying to make it where you can leave the boards in the rack? That would be nice i suppose.

kaneboats
06-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Yup, that's what I'm shooting for. Plus they are lots of fun! :cool:

moombadaze
06-16-2011, 08:29 PM
those are some big hops :)

highly recomend the hippy hops, deflated they take up so little room and inflated you can see how large they are and how much distance between boats they will provide

wannajet
06-21-2011, 07:30 PM
I will be there on the 10th but will be in afternoon how do I find the group and roughly where on the lake will the group be? We stay down in the area the sinclair villages are.

WaterBullDawg1980
06-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Send Wolfman a PM, but he lives VERY close to Sinclair Villages. Could be wrong, but I believe it is just a cove away.

moombadaze
06-21-2011, 07:35 PM
wannajet, your in the right area. Im staying at the village's, should not be hard to miss us, Drews place is real close to the power lines

wannajet
06-21-2011, 07:47 PM
ok cool i dont have pictures of our boat posted yet but it is black and a mobius with the factory bimini top the permanent type so if ya'll see us wandering wave us down please. We were there on fathers day and had a great time and the lake was empty. thanks

moombadaze
06-21-2011, 08:00 PM
will do, I'll be the blue lsv throwing a tsunami surf wave :D or pulling a bunch of kids on tubes -no actually if the kids are happy im good :D

wannajet
06-21-2011, 08:17 PM
we did alot of tubiing on fathers day right around the power line area.looking forward to meeting people and getting some info and moomba mods and such.

wolfeman131
06-22-2011, 03:49 PM
AH, HA! Now I know who it was messing with my glass . . . :)

Head up Island Creek & hang a left @ the power lines. You'll find my blue OBV back towards the end of the cove on the right. See ya soon!

rc5695
06-23-2011, 12:31 PM
AH, HA! Now I know who it was messing with my glass . . . :)

Head up Island Creek & hang a left @ the power lines. You'll find my blue OBV back towards the end of the cove on the right. See ya soon!

Could you please put a pushpin in this map for the location noted above? And also for the best launch ramp to use? Thanks a bunch!

http://maps.google.com/?ll=33.231796,-83.274651&spn=0.253576,0.363579&z=12

moombadaze
06-23-2011, 03:05 PM
how do you add a pushpin?

rc5695
06-23-2011, 03:13 PM
how do you add a pushpin?

right-click on the map and click on "directions from here" or "directiosn to here". Once you have a couple of places on there, you can add more by right-clicking and selecting "add location".

I'm not familiar with this whole area at all, and want to make this as easy as possible, as I'm out of town next week, will be going non-stop the weekend of the 4th, and then will be SWAMPED between then and this trip... I'm already worn out and excited all at the same time ;)

moombadaze
06-24-2011, 07:25 AM
ok, next step, how do I show you the pushpins I added?

rc5695
06-24-2011, 07:28 AM
ok, next step, how do I show you the pushpins I added?

I got an email that you added links and I came here and it wasnt' there :lol:

On the top right corner of the map, there is button called "Link". Just Copy it and paste it into your post.

moombadaze
06-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Tried the "link" and no worky

rc5695
06-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Tried the "link" and no worky

Hmmm...That's weird, 'cuz that's how I posted. I used the top address in the link, not the 2nd one. I've never had any luck with the bottom one...

Try just copying and pasting the web address from the top and see what happens...

moombadaze
06-24-2011, 07:49 AM
try this map for a list of all ramps

Drew's place is right about on the D of Crosby's LanDing.

BTW, Tried the bottom link and that did not work either

rc5695
06-24-2011, 07:54 AM
try this map for a list of all ramps

Drew's place is right about on the D of Crosby's LanDing.

BTW, Tried the bottom link and that did not work either

Oh well. Weird...

Thanks for the link. Are any of those ramps on 441 bettter than the others? Any idea on prices or are there any that don't allow you to leave your truck & trailer there? Looking at Bass, Sinclair, High Grove, Lakeside, or Little River. Thanks for any input guys.

moombadaze
06-24-2011, 07:28 PM
not sure which ramp would be better-only used the Crosbys Landing myself. Took a trip uplake last year and I would guestimate that hight grove would be about 30 minutes away by boat.

moombadaze
06-25-2011, 08:16 AM
15 day's to go :D

wolfeman131
06-25-2011, 09:46 AM
We have some guests at the lake this weekend, but I will try to get a map posted that shows all the important places such as hotels, ramps, my place etc. It's a fairly easy lake to navigate as there are several good landmarks such as the power plant tower and dam. I will also try and get some pics up so you all know what to look for.

If anyone wnats/needs to talk direct, send me a PM with your cell number and I will call you ASAP.

kaneboats
06-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Drew, is there a bridge where folks have to put their towers down to get through? If so, you may want to mark that on any maps as well.

wolfeman131
06-27-2011, 10:39 AM
only if they want to get to tht part of the lake and only if the water level is high. I have made it under with the tower up, but the water line/level isn't marked so it was one of those interesting dialoges between wifey & me! :)

I will mark on the map.

kaneboats
06-27-2011, 10:55 AM
I just meant that if there is a ramp on the other side that someone would try to use they might like to know.

wolfeman131
06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Oh, got it. There are a few around Twin Bridges, but those are kinda "off the beaten path" for those coming from out of town. I'll mark it regardless.

wolfeman131
06-28-2011, 08:52 PM
For those that haven't been to Lake SInclair before, below is a map with some of the key places such as Marinas with gas & ramps, GA Power daily access ramps (I think these require a nominal daily fee), WalMart SuperCenter, a few restaurants, Lake Sinclair Villages and my place.

We will plan to stay in the Isalnd Creek area which is the arm that the Lake Sinclair Villages and my place are on as well as the main body of water to the South, by the dam.

Below is a pic & link (hope it works) to the google map I made that should let you zoom in/out, get directions, etc.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Slide1-5.jpg

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authuser=0&vps=2&jsv=352d&ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=208637229425317937410.0004a6cd571f8b042d315

rc5695
07-05-2011, 11:57 AM
awesome! thanks Drew!!!

moombadaze
07-05-2011, 04:33 PM
My daughter has vacation/lake fever full force--she stayed home from camp today and is packing her stuff :D.

jmb
07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
4 more days and I will be at Moomba Jam. Can't wait. More water time. Had to take a break today though. 3 days and I get tired. Makes me mad. Went ahead and worked today. It was a holiday for the plant so made a little change today. Gas money

E4NASH
07-11-2011, 02:39 PM
So, uh, where are the pics from this Jam?! The server has been back online for 2 days I figured the pics would be everywhere by now!

KG's Supra24
07-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Yep, we need pics!

deerfield
07-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Yep, we need pics!

What he said.

jmb
07-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Go look under the "general" thread. I have pics up there.

rc5695
07-12-2011, 11:54 AM
i got home too late last night since we decided to stay an extra day! lol. maybe tonight, depending on what time we get home from a b-day party...

Drew is a great host and we had a grand time. Thanks everyone!!!

Now I'm off to eBay to "surf" for a Hyperlite Braodcast ;)

rc5695
07-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Go look under the "general" thread. I have pics up there.

got mine in there now too. Check the thread out here https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=15662&page=2

wolfeman131
07-16-2011, 11:28 AM
We have plenty of more pics to post once everyone gets home, but today we had to say goodbye to the Moombadaze crew. Kaneboats will be leaving us tomorrow. Another great week with some great folks.

The Jam last weekend was a blast as we were able to meet some new friends that we hope to see back on Sinclair year after year.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/SANY0355.jpg

jmb
07-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Good pic. Hope y'all had a good time.

Jack

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Jack, we had a blast and was good to meet you and your wife-hope you get your docs ok for boating

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:33 PM
some people shots

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0108.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0121.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0122.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0110.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:35 PM
some of the MOOMBA'S and one Supra

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0114.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0115.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0118.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0112.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:37 PM
more boat shots
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0116.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0161.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0163.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0162.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:39 PM
tube time
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0150.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0127.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:40 PM
some of the wakeboarders

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0343.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0332.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0342.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0318.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:45 PM
surfing time

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0272.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0230.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0227.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0198.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:47 PM
some double up surfers

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0176.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0241.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0267.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:49 PM
training time and a huge thanks to Kaneboats for spending a few hrs in the lake with the kidos

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0292.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0293.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0174.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:51 PM
the SeaDoo was pressed into service--worked great for the kids just learning

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0291.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0313.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0310.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0300.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:54 PM
some waterskiers

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0277.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0276.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0321.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0298.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 05:59 PM
misc shots

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0196.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0192.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0295.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0246.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 06:00 PM
couple more

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0255.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0250.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0256.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0187.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 06:03 PM
all most done

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0352.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0257.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0199.jpg

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0181.jpg

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
so this is my wife driving off with the blue LSV
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0354.jpg

and this is the LSV she came back with
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0359.jpg

still starts with a M, just a little different

moombadaze
07-17-2011, 06:09 PM
ha ha, no way, I could buy 2.5 Moomba's for the price of that boat.

here we are driving home
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/moombadaze/IMG_0361.jpg

no cover for the drive home due to being in a wicked storm two nights before and there was nothing dry in the boat to say the least

kaneboats
07-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Awesome pics. I'll try to get some up later today.

FYI: I showed up with a broken boat. Had a new strut put on but the shaft was bent and I didn't know it. I tested a prop freshly returned from being repaired but it was bent too and I didn't know it. With help from Todd and Drew we put the replacement shaft in right in Drew's driveway on Sat. before the jam. Later, with help from Drew and Stacy we re-did the alignment on Drew's lift and then figured out the real problem was that the "fixed" prop was still not right. Our shaft replacement and alignment was perfect. With the backup prop we were good to go with no vibration. I think we all learned a lot. I'm about to make a call to the prop repair guys.

Anyway, major PROPS to those guys for their help in getting me back on the water for a week of great fun. Major thanks to the entire Wolfeman crew for hosting a great event and a fun family vacation. It was great to see the Moombadaze family again and to meet Ryan, Jack, Jim, Scott, and everybody else plus wives and families. We really had a great time and I love the T-shirts!

rc5695
07-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Hey, what's that little fish???

My wife said someting bit her on the back a few times (felt like somebody pincher her hard she said) when she was swimming to our boat before we left Monday... We kept making fun of her that her suit was pinching her or a fly or something...yeah, we can be mean... lol. She said it was underwater and repeated "nibbles", so it definitley wasn't a fly :P

kaneboats
07-18-2011, 12:05 PM
She ain't making that up. Every time I was in the water near Wolfeman's dock I got attacked. My youngest daughter was in the water all week and never got bit once. Maybe they can sense the mean people? :)

rc5695
07-18-2011, 12:12 PM
She ain't making that up. Every time I was in the water near Wolfeman's dock I got attacked. My youngest daughter was in the water all week and never got bit once. Maybe they can sense the mean people? :)

You callin' my wife mean ;) Lol.

Any idea what it was that was biting? Usually happen or is this rare? None of my kids or me got bit...

wolfeman131
07-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Rare year for a number of items:

That was a small garfish and I think he was the culprit of the biting. Never had that happen before. We caught that one hanging out under the bouy we used for tying up the seadoo.

Afternoon popup showers. We have had a small shower in the past, but seemed like everyday we were having to check the skies in the afternoon. We even got caught in a major downpour one afternoon. Luckily, it was when the kids were tubing.

Boat repairs. Pat gave you the lowdown on his boat, but we also had issues with Stacy's and Todd's. Got Stacy's fixed by charging a battery, half of Todd's with some new electrical connectors but blower is still a mystery.

wolfeman131
07-19-2011, 10:03 PM
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6576.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6566.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6568.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6573.jpg

wolfeman131
07-19-2011, 10:05 PM
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/SANY0330.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6506.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6504.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6503.jpg

wolfeman131
07-19-2011, 10:07 PM
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6510.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6518.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6520.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6526.jpg

wolfeman131
07-19-2011, 10:09 PM
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6483.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6478.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6477.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Sinclair%20Jam%202011/IMG_6474.jpg

kaneboats
07-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Yup, we got us some new slalom skiers. I'm still not sure how that happened. But they did a great job.

deerfield
07-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Yup, we got us some new slalom skiers.

Fantastic! Would love to haul my Outback down there to pull them behind a direct drive.

moombadaze
07-21-2011, 04:46 PM
it was great to get some skiers into the mix--less tubing :p.

Stuart, grab Sled on your way and bring him down too.

wolfeman131
07-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Fantastic! Would love to haul my Outback down there to pull them behind a direct drive.

Awesome! Swing by and grab your son & jmb, then come on over.

Thought we were all done for the day today around 8:30 pm. Boat was on the lift, a few kiddos were swimming and my 11 yr old daughter says to me, "Look at that butter. Do we have for a quick run?" You betcha kiddo! Two minutes to drop the lift & gear up, then a quick, deep water start and a good 10 min run at dusk made my day.