PDA

View Full Version : Acme Prop

Sea N' Things
04-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Where can I buy the cheapest ACME 1433 prop? From ACME it's 589.00 is there a better place to buy??

sandm
04-21-2011, 02:47 PM
call nettleprops. heard they are real good on the boards here.

brain_rinse
04-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Yep, Ed's link is the cheapest I've seen. The other 2 places I'd check before you buy:

http://www.wakeprops.com/acme-1433-propeller.html
Slightly more expensive but $485 shipped after MOOMBAOWNERS 10% discount:

http://www.nettleprops.com
They will likely price match anything you find, and you'll find plenty of people to vouch for them.

brain_rinse
04-21-2011, 02:53 PM
nettle's is at $498.00
Yeah, you gotta call them to get the best deal.

Sea N' Things
04-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Just ordered my ACME 1433 and prop puller kit from JT, outstanding guy and he price matched Deep Blue. Great company great price!

Like Dan said above "you have to call him" for the best price.

JT Nettle
04-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Rob,

It was great talking with you today,Your order will ship out tomorrow.
And thanks for the kind words!!!

JT Nettle

JT Nettle
04-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Ed,

Acme has a MAP price so we are trying not to show the cheapest price on Google. But I understand if you want to buy props from Deep Blue. I can beat any price out there. It's not all about $$$ it's about me trying to help you guys out.

JT

Sea N' Things
04-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks again JT, I got the conformation email. WOW that was fast!

JT Nettle
04-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks Ed,

I can have the best price on Google in 5 mins. But that will get me in hot water with my friends at Acme. If I can ever help you out please give me a call.

JT

sandm
04-21-2011, 06:59 PM
seems that they have a super good rep on here. nice to know you have to call to get past map pricing.
keep up the good work. word of mouth like this is what keeps a business strong.

JT Nettle
04-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Sure thing,

Thanks for the order!!

JT

JT Nettle
04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Ed,

I will talk to him in the morning and I will tell him Hi from you. I know
you spent some time talking with Jim last year around prop test time.

All the guys at Acme are great!! Jim,Todd and Mr.Bill Weeks

JT

DOCDRS
04-21-2011, 07:19 PM
30- 35 lbs prop nut torque

Inboard Propeller Installation Procedures
1. Push propeller snugly onto shaft taper WITHOUT key in either keyway (propeller or shaft).
2. Make sure the propeller is snug and there is no side to side movement by gently moving propeller back and forth.
3. Make a line on the shaft with a non-graphite marker at the forward end of the propeller where it stops up against the shaft taper.
4. Remove Propeller.
5. Put key into keyway on shaft taper with radiused or chamfered corners (down) in shaft keyway (if propeller shaft keyway has radiused corners).
6. Put propeller onto shaft taper.
7. Check to see that the propeller moves back to the forward line made in Step 3. If it does, skip down to Step 8. If not, perform the following:
a. Remove propeller from shaft.
b. Place a file on a flat surface area or work bench.
c. Run opposite end of chamfered key back and forth over file (to remove any burrs)
with a downward pressure on key until side being filed is clean.
d. Install cleaned key in shaft keyway with chamfered corner side down in shaft (the
cleaned, filed side up in keyway).
e. Replace the propeller on the shaft and fit snugly on taper. Check to see if it reaches
the line made as in Step 7. If it does not line up then repeat “Steps a. through e.”.
NOTE: A vise can be used to hold key and then filed, but care must be taken
not to tighten too much, causing burrs and irregularities on key.
8. When propeller hub moves to correct position, install propeller nut on shaft and torque to seat the propeller. Install the torque jam nut also, if your shaft is so equipped.
9. Install cotter pin at end of the shaft.

you da man
04-22-2011, 12:34 AM
""you have to call him" for the best price."

I wonder why that is.

When I do a search on Google shopping, I'm going straight to the cheapest price listed and I'm not wasting time to call around to barter.

I would have purchased this prop from Deep Blue Yacht Supply.

Chime in here JT?

Psssh, c'mon Ed I know first hand you've tried to hook yourself up from a retailer through emails or calls to try to save a few dollars