PDA

View Full Version : Damaged one blade on OJ prop - Where to get it fixed?

jetpilot2002
04-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Need to get my OJ prop repaired, it got damaged on just one of the blades at the tip, it fell off the shelf and hit the garage floor, so it does not have major damage, but bent the very tip of the blade. Where is the best place to get it fixed?

kaneboats
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Where are you located?

sandm
04-20-2011, 02:03 PM
check your local boat shop. they may have a recommendation for a local repair facility. keeps you from having to mail it somewhere(right ed :) )

otherwise, if you have no local propshop, oj will do it.

kaneboats
04-20-2011, 02:21 PM
I sent mine to marine wheels in Panama City. Very reasonable and cheap to ship from here.

sandm
04-20-2011, 03:37 PM
we have a local shop that does 3-day turns. my last visit was $85(iirc) for my acme that I got from the prop testing.

ed, it's funny you mention that. if I ever send you something, it'll go usps if I can. ups takes 8 days for you to send me something. usps priority takes 3. normally I like ups and fedex for their tracability, but usps seems to get things around the country much quicker without charging extras for it. downside is they are a pita to head to an overcrowded mail counter and get crappy service when ups and fedex will allow you to print postage at your pc(maybe usps will too, just never looked into it)...

kaneboats
04-20-2011, 03:45 PM
I follow the $25 rule. If it's worth more than that I don't trust the post office with it. They have no tracking and no accountability. For a while FedEx Ground was way cheaper than UPS and did a great job. They have slacked off and gotten more expensive lately though.

viking
04-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Last time I had an OJ repaired, and after talking to Eric Johnson I found out that sending it to OJ would have been cheaper than having the local guy do it (Admiral C & B in Tampa)

Ditto! I learned the hard way with a local ding-dong and will be sending my stuff direct to OJ next time.

jetpilot2002
04-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Where are you located?

Located in Salt Lake City, Utah

JPAGE
04-21-2011, 01:07 PM
If it were mine i would send it to Murphy's propeller in VA. http://www.murphyspropellers.com/ I got them to put a new strut bearing in my Mako CC inboard and they did a great job with a very fast turn around. Seen some props they have repaired and looked great..

sandm
04-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah

I can help you out with no shipping. the local shop up here has all the blocks to machine your prop back to the "factory" specs. did my acme last summer with NO vibration at all. they are masters at their craft and have been in business forever..

it's Idaho Marine and Propeller.

pm me your email addy and lmk. I work for shopko and can get it up and back for you easily....