PDA

View Full Version : Heater install help

walb0244
04-19-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm in the Process of installing a 4 port heater in my boat. Anyone have pics of a good place for the four vents. I've seen pics of two vents mounted in the side of the drivers area and one under the drivers seat. I like these locations but not sure where to put the fourth vent. Also, anyone for any ideas of how to maybe make a foot warmer for the driver or maybe a vent to blow on the driver?

Another thing, I had to move my perfect pass from the hose it is on to the bigger hose that runs along side of the hose it is factory installed on. Anyone see a problem with me doing this? I moved it to make space for the line going to the intake on the motor.

mcdye
04-19-2011, 06:27 PM
On mine the 4th is for the driver. I have have factory sub, drilled hole and mounted the using the Euro vent. On another setup the the Euro vent on directly on the box port and turned the lovuers to direct heat.

lsvboombox
04-20-2011, 08:32 AM
I put 2 in the walk thru, one under the driver seat and the 4th just behind the drivers seat... all 4 r pull out tubes...

walb0244
04-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Any thoughts on maybe putting the vent beside the cooler? I thought about this so people in the back corner could get heat but didn't know how to get the heater hose over to the vent.

jmvotto
04-20-2011, 11:16 AM
put it behind the drivers seat where al(cab) put his he has great pics on his heater install thread. this is wher the peaoplw in the bacjk can get heat. I think the tubes are long enogh to get to the spotter side as well from the walk way.

mmandley
04-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes the tubes can reach the spotter seat from the walk way. They also can reach the Cooler from the walk way. If you install one under or just behind the drivers seat then you got the entire cabin covered.

walb0244
04-20-2011, 01:28 PM
I got 3 vents installed just like shown in this picture (Stolen from cab13367). I put 3 of the vents just like this. But where is everyone putting the 4th?

jmvotto
04-20-2011, 01:39 PM
thy 4th one goes in the foot well drivers side, either fix or flexible. which is your 4th vent?

last page has pics of both.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=13392&page=11&highlight=heater

lsvboombox
04-20-2011, 02:03 PM
I got 3 vents installed just like shown in this picture (Stolen from cab13367). I put 3 of the vents just like this. But where is everyone putting the 4th?

I put the 4th right under the seat about a foot and half in front of the one on the slant... i had to trim a little of the black rubber trim to get the tube flush...

mrskidoo
04-20-2011, 02:06 PM
I just got down with my install. I put the 4th tube under the drivers seat. With one just behind that and two in the walkway to bow. Will try to get some picture when it stops Raining. Hoping to get it out this weekend and test.

Good luck:D

jamie_abb
04-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Good luck guys. Next Saturday is install day for me. The only thing I'm worried about is the electrical. (it took me two weeks to figure out the relay thing last year) Please post some electrical progress pics. Thanks, Jamie

mcdye
04-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Good luck guys. Next Saturday is install day for me. The only thing I'm worried about is the electrical. (it took me two weeks to figure out the relay thing last year) Please post some electrical progress pics. Thanks, Jamie

You using a existing dash switch OR the HC switch provided?

lsvboombox
04-20-2011, 05:23 PM
If using the existing dash switch, the electrical part is a snap

cab13367
04-20-2011, 07:36 PM
thy 4th one goes in the foot well drivers side, either fix or flexible. which is your 4th vent?

last page has pics of both.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=13392&page=11&highlight=heater

+1 for the driver's footwell. I only have a three outlet and I find myself using one of the walkway pullout hoses to keep warm while driving. I bought a "Y" this winter and plan to install an outlet under the dash someplace so I can have warm air blowing at me and keep both hands on the controls.

cab13367
04-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Any thoughts on maybe putting the vent beside the cooler? I thought about this so people in the back corner could get heat but didn't know how to get the heater hose over to the vent.

You'd have to go all the way around the bow to get the hose next to the built in cooler and by then, I think you'd have lost a lot of CFM. The pull out behind the driver's seat will cover the entire back seat, from corner to corner. I have a pic showing this in my install thread.

mcdye
04-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Some had asked, here are the images from my install.

Dash is full, had to use HC switch. Did not really want to put it by the vdrive warning and kill switch since they were centered on the throttle, maybe too anal :). Could not find locally a CB, so installed inline fuse.

jamie_abb
04-22-2011, 12:12 PM
You using a existing dash switch OR the HC switch provided?

I have the mystery switch (most right switch) which I'm assuming I can use.

cab13367
04-22-2011, 12:41 PM
I have the mystery switch (most right switch) which I'm assuming I can use.

Hopefully, it's a two position switch so you can hook up medium and high. Mine used to be the ballast switch so I just ordered the heater switch faceplate from the dealer ($5) and used the switch. Pic below.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/IMG_6406.jpg

lsvboombox
04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i205/chopsuey-pics/IMG_0101.jpg

here are where i installed the tubes.. I got 4 pull out tubes... i didnt want to have to pull a tube out from underneath the dash if someone else wanted it... the way it is the driver can use it or someone in the backseats could use it as well

jamie_abb
05-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Thta's mine minus the nice heater badging.

Hopefully, it's a two position switch so you can hook up medium and high. Mine used to be the ballast switch so I just ordered the heater switch faceplate from the dealer ($5) and used the switch. Pic below.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/IMG_6406.jpg