PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the Trigger, Towed the LSV

jpetty3023
04-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Hey Fellas,

As most folks on this great site I have read, reviewed, and researched for months. Then fired up a username and threw out a silly little signature all the while looking for the "one" I am glad to say that i am the proud new owner of a 2009 LSV. The boat is a hold-over so until last week never had oil, gas, or anything else in it. After a "lengthy discussion" with the beautiful wifey i signed and towed her home today. just wanted to say hello and hope to meet you dudes from the central TX!!

J

DOCDRS
04-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Congrats......of course we want pics

jpetty3023
04-19-2011, 10:06 AM
here's a few from the dealership's lot. will post more as soon as i get it out.

kaneboats
04-19-2011, 11:01 AM
That's a hot lookin' boat. Looks like it's got some options too. Welcome! What all is she loaded up with?

you da man
04-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Funny, I saw you pulling it at the light at Deadfish Grill yesterday. Lots of Moombas on Belton Lake. I'm at "the alley" on some Saturdays, most Sundays, and some Thursday evenings. My buddy just got his 2011 LSV. We usually launch at Rogers. If you have the nerve to make the 3 mile ride in open water in 25-40mph winds lately, the alley is usually flat water even in those conditions.

sandm
04-19-2011, 02:27 PM
nice looking boat. congrats :)

jpetty3023
04-19-2011, 03:56 PM
@ you da man- funny you said that cause I been keeping an eye out for you and stang killa ss. I live up the road from dead fish and always have my eyes open. You should've flashed the high beams. I just back from Austin with it and was taking her to the storage unit.

@Kane- the dealer advertised it/called it the "wakeshop edition" but I've been reading up on here and haven't really seen/heard anyone make mention of a wakeshop edition so.... Anyways, she come with a bow snap cover and mooring cover, board racks, rad a rack tower, kenwood amp w/6 speakers, cruise, 3 sacs (gravity III I think) wake plate, 4blade acme prop. I think that's about it besides the standard stuff that everyone gets. I kinda think the stuff I listed is pretty stock for the LSV's thou right?? So nothing to special I don't think.

My dealer didn't hook me up with and tow straps and when I asked where they were he said 99% of boats he sells dont use them. He said the back end is heavy enuff that it wont move around any. Needless to say he wouldn't "throw" me a set so I'll grab some tonight.

Thanks to all those who have welcomed me thus far. Great site friends!!!

you da man
04-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Stang's girlfriend is probably the best female rider in this area. We are both on the water 2-3 days a week. Are you using Double D Boat Storage? I occasionally will ride with Stang (Corey) and his girl. I rarely have more than 2 in my boat, Corey is pretty much the same. Send me a PM with your cell phone. Me and my lady friend will be at "the alley" Thursday afternoon until sunset.

you da man
04-19-2011, 04:23 PM
You'll easily recognize my boat on the water (blue/orange). There are two blue with black top deck Moombas but Corey's is a 2011 with the chrome Moomba logo on the hull

jpetty3023
04-19-2011, 04:36 PM
I tried to grab one at Double D but the lady couldn't meet me yesterday. wanted to use them so I don't have to fold down the rack everytime. I went across the street to H and H and grabbed one up but it's not tall enuff to keep rack up.... the one I had rented before hitting austin Monday turned out to leave me about a half inch on each side of trailer so no room for error, told the guy can't do it so I was on the hunt when you saw me at DFG.

deafgoose
04-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Since when do Moomba's come with ACME props?

What model prop do you have?

jpetty3023
04-19-2011, 05:36 PM
I could have spoken out my rear on the acme. let me look today and I will post back but i am pretty sure the dealership told me acme prop.

i also have a rad-a-cage tower not a "rad a rack". typo from my ipad. sorry!!

deerfield
04-19-2011, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=jpetty3023;133751My dealer didn't hook me up with and tow straps and when I asked where they were he said 99% of boats he sells dont use them. He said the back end is heavy enuff that it wont move around any. Needless to say he wouldn't "throw" me a set so I'll grab some tonight.[/QUOTE]

jpetty - Have to agree with your decision to get straps. They are critical for safe towing. My experience is that unsecured weight shift as a consequence of a sudden move could create a control problem. You want that hull to sit tight on the trailer. Nice looking rig you got there. Congratulations and welcome to the forum! - Deerfield

moombadaze
04-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Congrats on the new boat.

Agree about getting it strapped down-I dont understand why dealers do not include them and say there not needed-Ive seen more than one boat get airborn and slam back down on the trailer just going over a speed bump.

Recomend the boat buckles-they stay bolted to the trailer and are super easy to use.

Moseley618
04-19-2011, 06:55 PM
I love the color of the boat! I think it is the law to have straps on the back in most states, at least it is the law in MO. Nice boat though.

viking
04-19-2011, 11:06 PM
My dealer didn't hook me up with and tow straps and when I asked where they were he said 99% of boats he sells dont use them. He said the back end is heavy enuff that it wont move around any. Needless to say he wouldn't "throw" me a set so I'll grab some tonight.

My dealer told me the same thing. I think it's because they tow a total of 5 miles and don't go over 35mph. It's just another thing for them to remember to do before launch so why fret and save a few dollars in the process. Cheapskates if you ask me. Needless to say I did what you are going to do and spring for a set of tie downs. Get the boat buckle style that rachet tight and stay on the trailer - you won't regret it!

Nice Ride and Enjoy

danomite81
04-19-2011, 11:20 PM
nice ride !

jpetty3023
04-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Deafgoose sir, you were correct in stating no acme prop. I stand corrected and not sure still why I thought I was spinning one.....

Glad to hear from the experts that ive not completely lost my mind with the tow strap issue. Still floors me I was told what I was told but it's cool, it's my tow toy and I'll protect her 'till death do us part!!

Thanks for all the compliments on the boat guys. Y'all have some sick boats and for any one of you to comment on it's looks makes me feel good about the investment. I love orange as it's the color of my beloved Texas Longhorns..Hook 'em!! It's not quite burnt orange but close enuff.

Thanks again Mooma Crew

mmandley
04-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Welcome and congrats man.

Yes deff get some straps on the rear end. Yes its heavy but if you tow any real distance on the highway a good bump will make the ear end hope and if you look at the hull there are 2 sharp ridges you gotta make sure the bot doesn't get on. it will damage the trailer and the hull. Also look into getting a bow strap other then the winch strap. This will help make sure if you ever panic stop the truck and the winch fails your boat doesn't hit you in the back of the head.

Good looking boat man.

brain_rinse
04-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Looks great, congrats!

kaneboats
04-20-2011, 12:29 PM
I love orange as it's the color of my beloved Texas Longhorns..Hook 'em!! It's not quite burnt orange but close enuff.

I think it's pretty close. You'll just have to add a flag holder and a 'horns flag to make your point.

moombadaze
04-20-2011, 01:08 PM
how about mounting some horns on the bow

jpetty3023
04-20-2011, 10:44 PM
No problems with the flag holder to throw out the love but can't do the mounted horns!!! I'll save the mounted horns for my retired Cadillac days....

kayjayfech
05-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Congrats on the purchase, welcome to the party!

rdlangston13
05-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Saw em' off! WRECK EM TECH!! If the water level is good I will be at Belton for a weekend in August.

jpetty3023
05-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Aww brotha really, you threw out a saw em off!!! I'm stunned right now. You got family near Belton? I sent ya a pm earlier bout TX mini jam

rdlangston13
05-25-2011, 10:34 PM
yeah my aunt and uncle just moved to harker heights near Killeen. Lets hope you're class is canceled and you can make it haha. Stang Killa is supposed to come from Killeen but im not sure now after all the bad luck he had.

jpetty3023
05-26-2011, 02:12 AM
good deal man, I actually work in Killeen and live in belton. not a whole lot to do around here but hit the lake in my opinion...