PDA

View Full Version : It's a BOY!

Moseley618
04-18-2011, 05:25 PM
My wife and I are expecting our first baby. She is 20 weeks and we had an ultrasound today and It's a Boy! We are so pumped, she is due Sept. 4th. I do hope it does not cut into my boat time this year but I think it will be worth it.

jester
04-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Congrats. You should get your boat time in early since the closer you get the less time you will get on the water.

dru1974
04-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Congrats that is awsome

E4NASH
04-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Congrats! I had my first in July of '09, a girl. Time goes by fast I can't believe she's almost 2 already!

Moseley618
04-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks Guys! I have wanted one for soo long. We are soo excited!

squeeg333
04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Moseley, congrats man!! My wife and I are expecting out first baby August 28th, and we also found out a few weeks back that it's a boy! I figure we'll get our boating time in this year, but the little fella will be old enough next summer to be surfing!

Sea N' Things
04-18-2011, 08:20 PM
WoW exciting times, congrats!!! It's an awsome feeling being a dad and then you think about the responsibilities :)

jmvotto
04-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Congrats, the summer will certainly be exciting. No hitting big waves in august:p. Time does fly our baby girl turns two in June.the older ones are team avers already 13.:confused:

newty
04-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Awesome feeling huh? Congrats to both of you!

2007 Outback V
04-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Congratulations! Cherish every day, they are little for such a short time.

BobP
04-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Congratulations! We just had our first, a baby boy on Feb 19. Talk about a life changer. I'm 45, wife's 38 so pretty set in our ways. We had given up on having a child years ago...and boom, here he is....but we couldn't be happier and so look forward to raising him at the lake.

kaneboats
04-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Congrats to all of you! I love hearing about new Moombababies on the way. The more the merrier is what I always say!

Shooter
04-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Congratulations!!!

Moseley618
04-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys! What do you guys think about the wife riding in the boat? Doc says no if it is rough. My 04 LSV is a rough ride on a busy or windy day but I can go slow, right.

squeeg333
04-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Our doc said pretty much good to go. If it's rough, I wouldn't recommend blasting thru waves at 20mph. I'd say just take her slow, and she'll be good. That's my plan anyway!!

wolfeman131
04-19-2011, 09:50 PM
good news! rest up before the fun begins!

danomite81
04-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Congrats! any tips on how to make a boy? I must have done it wrong the first time, but I wouldnt trade my daughter for the world but I am not sure I can afford another woman.

rc5695
04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Congrats to all you "first-timers" in here!!! Awesome news, and an amazing experience. My oldest is 14 now, and we just found out we're pregnant again! She estimates due dat in Dec.; first doc appt. is next Fri.

Far from our first though, this is number 8!

As for the boat, she's been boating the week before birth. It is all about whether or not there are complications and her comfort level. If she and the baby are fine and she's not uncomfortable, then it's all good. As for bumps, you're not going to hurt the baby floating in it's orb of fluid...It'll just make you're wife uncomfortable.

I have pics of my oldest on the lake with us at 2 days old, tiny orange life-vest and all. I've usually carried them on the wakeboard with me by the time they're 6 months old. Start them early and they'll enjoy it their whole lives! They're all always asking when we can get the boat out again; it usually starts on the wy home from the lake ;)

rc5695
04-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Congrats to you and mom!!

everybody doing perfectly?

so far so good :cool:

pmoomba
04-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Congrats! Our first is almost 7 months and we'll be going into the first season with the little one as well.

Carrying them on the wakeboard at 6 months? Do you just have them facing forward/sitting high in a baby carrier?

What do you end up doing with kids that young on days out on the water in terms of them having to nap? Do you find that they can sleep/nap through the noise on the boat? (stopping/starting to pull up riders, etc). Or just get a small tent or something to nap on shore with someone?

rc5695
04-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Congrats! Our first is almost 7 months and we'll be going into the first season with the little one as well.

Carrying them on the wakeboard at 6 months? Do you just have them facing forward/sitting high in a baby carrier?

Thanks. I carry them in my right arm. they kinda sit on my forearm, holding their legs against my belly/chest. It requires being able to get up holding the rope very close to your body. They hold on to the hole in my lifevest where my right arm comes out. Once you're up, you can hold on with your left hand and do what you want with them. I've done it a LOT, with kids other than my own too. Some kids might be a little scared and being crying when you take off, but I've never had one crying by the time we let go, which seems to be getting quicker and quicker in my old age of 35 ;)

What do you end up doing with kids that young on days out on the water in terms of them having to nap? Do you find that they can sleep/nap through the noise on the boat? (stopping/starting to pull up riders, etc). Or just get a small tent or something to nap on shore with someone?
Shoot, a boat will put a kid out in a heartbeat! They'll sleep through anything. Just make sure to have a shaded area they can be under so they don't roast in the sun. A bimini, a towel over the middle of the windshield in the walkthru, etc. About the only thing that might wake them is dripping on them after you get out of the water. lol. When they were really little infants in the rear-faceing carseats still, we'd set them in it, unbuckled of course, and use the built-in sunshade that most of them have. It was perfect. Once they get a little bigger they lay on a towel just fine. the hard part is getting the big pad behind their head (on their lifevest) out of the way to where they're comfortable. I've spent my whole life on boats (mostly inboards), and all of my kids have thus-far too.

kaneboats
04-27-2011, 02:00 PM
What do you end up doing with kids that young on days out on the water in terms of them having to nap? Do you find that they can sleep/nap through the noise on the boat?

This is definitely your first. Nothing works like an outboard motor for putting kids to sleep. But, an inboard works almost as well and there are usually more comfy spots for the li'l one to rest. The main thing is a comfortable life jacket and a position such as in a carrier where the kid is comfy. It's hard to lay down in an infant vest- pinches the neck a bit. Once all in place-- run the engine for a while and watch for ZZZZZZZZZZZZ's.

Pics show it works on little kids, big ones and even dogs, right Daze?

moombadaze
04-27-2011, 03:21 PM
yep, nothing better that a boat to get a little one sleeping. those 2 dogs would not get out of that boat that day-funny. still finding dog hair almost a year later-err

Keeping them cool is very important too and dont blast the music.

newty
04-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Congrats Moseley! Enjoy!

Moseley618
04-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks guys. I hope she feels good enough to go out on the lake. I boat at Table Rock Lake in Branson MO and with all the rain we have had the lake is 20' above the normal. All ramps are closed and can not get to my dock. They are saying a month before the ramps will be open. Oh well.

rdlangston13
04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks guys. I hope she feels good enough to go out on the lake. I boat at Table Rock Lake in Branson MO and with all the rain we have had the lake is 20' above the normal. All ramps are closed and can not get to my dock. They are saying a month before the ramps will be open. Oh well.

your lake is too full to launch and my lake is too low to launch...sounds like you need to give us some of that water! isnt there a damn at table rock that they can open up?

Moseley618
04-27-2011, 10:11 PM
It is fully opened and the lake is still raising. It will be a record high sometime tonight. The poor people that live below the dam are screwed. I plan on putting in when it gets warmer whether the water is down or not.

rdlangston13
04-27-2011, 10:42 PM
too bad we cant redirect all that water to the lakes in south Texas. im sure 6 inches off of table rock would completely fill lake somerville

moombadaze
04-28-2011, 06:56 AM
20 feet above normal-my roof would be just underwater and most of florida would be underwater at that level