PDA

View Full Version : HELP on TRAILER

snyderaaron
04-16-2011, 07:48 PM
I just bought my Moomba LSV today. Trying to store it in my garage but can't get it to back up. I have the connection for the disc breaks on pickup, but no luck.

usaski1
04-16-2011, 07:58 PM
2 solutions. get a coin and put it in the break lock out on the trailer toung, or flip the light connector and turn on your lights. (maybe parking lights too)

snyderaaron
04-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Hey it worked, now new problem, my tower is folded down and is 2 inches too HIGH. ARRRGGG. Any ideas?

11 Outback V
04-16-2011, 08:58 PM
get a drop hitch or unhook the triler and drop it all the way down on the jack and push it the rest of the way in

lsvboombox
04-16-2011, 11:32 PM
I just bought my Moomba LSV today. Trying to store it in my garage but can't get it to back up. I have the connection for the disc breaks on pickup, but no luck.

What kind of truck? Ford? A lot of the time the fuse to power the solenoid is in the glove. Box

Shooter
04-16-2011, 11:54 PM
What kind of truck? Ford? A lot of the time the fuse to power the solenoid is in the glove. Box

My Ford is an 07 F-250, and that fuse is in the fuse box under the hood.

snyderaaron
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Its a honda ridgeline. Will I have the use the key everytime I back it up?

Ian Brantford
04-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Its a honda ridgeline. Will I have the use the key everytime I back it up?

What year of Ridgeline? For the first few months of production of the 2006 model year, they didn't have wiring for more than a 4-pin connector, even for those with a 7-pin or 5-pin connection. I think that Honda makes a free upgrade to the wiring available. It has been discussed on ROC (http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com) several times. I'll try to find the TSB number of this upgrade for you if yours is a 2006.

If it's newer than this, it sounds like the wiring harness might not have been installed correctly. Is it a Honda or an aftermarket harness?

snyderaaron
04-17-2011, 08:29 AM
I think it may be a 2006, can't remember off the top of my head. I'm using a 7 pin adapter to a 5 pin.

snyderaaron
04-17-2011, 10:36 AM
It is a 2006, and we got it right when it came out, so it probably isn't wired. If you could find that number for me that would be awesome.

What year of Ridgeline? For the first few months of production of the 2006 model year, they didn't have wiring for more than a 4-pin connector, even for those with a 7-pin or 5-pin connection. I think that Honda makes a free upgrade to the wiring available. It has been discussed on ROC (http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com) several times. I'll try to find the TSB number of this upgrade for you if yours is a 2006.

If it's newer than this, it sounds like the wiring harness might not have been installed correctly. Is it a Honda or an aftermarket harness?

Ian Brantford
04-17-2011, 12:09 PM
It is a 2006, and we got it right when it came out, so it probably isn't wired. If you could find that number for me that would be awesome.

It is: TSB 07-022 No Back-Up Circuit in Trailer Harness

Assuming that you are out of warranty, you might have luck asking for a goodwill repair to be done anyway.

While looking for it, I also stumbled across two safety recalls that pertain to interior wiring (one for trailer, the other for the blower motor) that can be damaged by being kicked by your feet. The dealer can do them while you are getting the reverse light upgrade. They are:
Blower - TSB 10-012 Safety Recall: Blower Motor 2P Connector May Be Damaged
Trailer - NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 10V001000

If you are using an aftermarket trailer wiring harness, upgrading to the OEM harness is strongly recommended. It runs on a separate circuit from the truck's lights with full relays and fuses. Trailer lights may be brighter. More importantly, a short circuit in trailer lighting won't kill the truck's lights.

You might want to join the ROC at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com . Just like this Moomba forum, it is a very active owner group. You'll probably find features or uses that you never knew your truck had, even after nearly 6 years of ownership.

viking
04-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Hey it worked, now new problem, my tower is folded down and is 2 inches too HIGH. ARRRGGG. Any ideas?

let air out of the tires but that might only get you an inch or so