PDA

View Full Version : Lake Grand, OK?

evoimport6
04-16-2011, 11:14 AM
So I was told to tow my boat to Grand Lake in Oklahoma. So I follow directions. We will be staying somewhere on Monkey Island, on the weekend of may the 18th through that Sunday.
Does anyone know where there is to hangout, or cool attractions that we should go see. Also I have noticed it is a shallower lake is there anything in particular to watch out for?

Any input would be nice, only boated once west of the Mississippi!

maxpower220
04-16-2011, 09:36 PM
http://grandlake.com/information/areainfo

I only went there once, but it was a "nice" lake for OK. I don't recall any issues with shallow depth. Most of the lakes in OK are damned and are usually deep IMO. It has been a while since I was there and I went with a bunch of people, so we were the entertainment.

tnbrooks01
04-23-2011, 12:12 AM
We have a place on Grand in Langley near the dam so I can help you out.

You should not have any shallow problems The main lake is anywhere from 50-150ft deep

What are you looking to do on the lake? for wakeboarding IMO the best area is near the Bernice bridge....water like glass most of the time

Dripping Springs is the "Party Cove", cliff jumping, swimming etc....

There will be a wakeboard double up contest at Cedar Port Marina that weekend which is near the dam.

evoimport6
04-25-2011, 06:15 AM
Awesome I am doing research right now. We are staying somewhere on monkey island so everything is in relation to that for me. But I think I will definitely hit up the double up contest.