PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I cheated

jmvotto
04-16-2011, 07:15 AM
The other day I stopped at the local supra, nautique dealer to browse some gear as I was on my way home from a day business trip. They have a 21v launch and a 24 ssv both 2010's. Love he 24. Anyhow I found myself mezmorized by the SAN 230 they had on the floor. wow what Beautiful boat. Just for fun I had to ask. 100k retail 80k otd wo trailer:(. Com on lotto numbers:p. Hope to see the 242 in person if they sell the 10's.

ptcbtchr
04-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Not cheating at all in my book. I think those boats are amazing, have just about every gadget you could want in a boat and are extremely well made. I just couldn't pop 100k for a boat....ever! Well maybe if I hit the lotto but for me buying a new boat was a decision about being reasonable. I had an old supra, they stopped making direct drives , I wanted that. I looked at MC and Nautique and to me they weren't worth the asking price. Looked at Moomba and was impressed as to quality and fit for the price. It's no different than driving a toyota and looking at a BMW or mercedes in fact I love looking at the new stuff, just too cheap to spring for it.

Mark

04OUTBACK
04-16-2011, 09:40 AM
i want that 2010 21V they have...
not happening for me though!

skiyaker
04-16-2011, 10:31 AM
not cheating at all- in fact I'm pretty sure there's some people... maybe even a moderator who is a closet owner of a non-moomba brand. I'm a fan of beautiful machines especially boats but like many I can't justify the price.

maxpower220
04-16-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't have brand loyalty when it comes to boats. If price were closer, I would be in a different brand. I am a person who wants quality at a fair price. There are many things about my Moomba that seem "cheap" that I don't like and it would not cost any extra to make them "nice" (the wake plate 'blinker' switch could be intergrated into the throttle; moving the plate with my throttle hand, the tower could fold backward and WITHIN the confines of the boat perimeter {which would let it fit in my garage}).

As far as quality and reliability, I have seen no difference in my Moomba as compared to my 2 MCs. My Moomba has better quality than in the Malibu that I owned. There is no need to feel ashamed for looking at other brands. They do offer a lot more in options and they seem to still sell at their inflated prices. When people stop buying them, the price will stagnate or fall.