PDA

View Full Version : Early Birthday!

rdlangston13
04-14-2011, 03:55 PM
So my girl friend surprised with an early birthday present last night!
A new CWB 63" Ride surf board. Going to the lake this weekend to learn how to do this, have a boat full of non surfers so this should be interesting. Tomorrow I am going to get a surf rope, any suggestions?

c.rix
04-14-2011, 04:00 PM
So my girl friend surprised with an early birthday present last night!
A new CWB 63" Ride surf board. Going to the lake this weekend to learn how to do this, have a boat full of non surfers so this should be interesting. Tomorrow I am going to get a surf rope, any suggestions?

I like my t handle style surf rope nothing to get caught on

Razzman
04-14-2011, 04:07 PM
There are three distinct styles of surf ropes: T handle, Beaver Tail and Mini Handle. All work well and safe to use, it's all in what you like or is easier for you.

KG's Supra24
04-14-2011, 04:21 PM
I use a mini handle.

Razz pretty much covered it, pick one of those three.

Razzman
04-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I use a mini handle.

As do I, it seems to be easier on those with little hands. Tried the beaver tail and it was too hard for the women and kids to hang on to.

jmvotto
04-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Mini handle here too. Nice bday surprise. The ride is a Fun board

rdlangston13
04-15-2011, 10:03 AM
ok so the board got delivered last night and it came with a T handle sooo problem solved!

kaneboats
04-15-2011, 11:05 AM
That's awesome. I've always subscribed to the theory that the T is the best combination of safety and ease of use. Before long you'll barely be using it so it won't matter as much but it's great for beginners and you can't get your arm caught in it. Should work great. Good luck and let's see some pics. Also, if you want pointers be sure to have somebody shoot some video-- it's the best way for us to diagnose any issues you are having. Now go have fun!!!

Shooter
04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
This is my first year surfing as well, and the CWB Ride is the only board I have. Was able to let go of the rope for the first time today! This was my 6th weekend out in a row, but probably my 3rd attempt at it due to lack of another driver half the time. You will love it.